Data sync

Paul McDyer (1304314)

Paul McDyer (1304314)

Hi,

I have been getting the same question from a few members of my vACC the last while and I am curious myself if it is possible.

I will use the AMS data within TopSky for this example but I suppose I am not going to limit it to just that. Is it possible to sync an active area across all controllers scopes. 

So we have military airspace in Ireland called the R15, and this piece of airspace only becomes active when there is active military flights. It creates some procedural issues for us. So when this airspace goes active the military controller has to call all of the civil controllers to tell them it is active and then in turn they all have to manually activate the airspace. 

Is there a way that when the military controller activates that airspace it automatically activates for all other controllers.

Edited by Paul McDyer

Juha Holopainen

The ability to synchronize active areas is planned, probably in a way similar to MAESTRO as that way I can use already existing code. It won't be in the next minor release which I'm hoping to get to beta sometime next week, but it may make it into the next major release.

• Like 4

Paul McDyer (1304314)

That sounds perfect Juha thanks. 

Also another request if you could look into it. With the radar menu, is there the possibility of the function to stick the likes of the track control or maps menu to stick to the screen?

Juha Holopainen

The auto-closure of the maps window can already be disabled, see its description in the manual. I have currently no plans to adjust the other automatically closing windows and menus.