Ground Radar plugin 1.4 beta 1

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

A first beta version of the next major version for this plugin

Main changes from version 1.3:

• Added support for GRpluginSettingsLocal.txt file (meant for personal settings)
  • Added graphics scaling settings
  • Changed APP Window extended centerlines to be adjustable length
  • Updated Maps data file syntax (MAP, COORDTYPE, TEXT and SYMBOL changed, TEXTALIGN new)
  • Updated AircraftInfo data file syntax (optional IATA type code added)
  • Track labels changed:
    • labels can now be customized using the settings files
    • some changes to the labels that are used as default
    • mouse functions now based on label field, not just one function for the whole label area
    • mouse-over label field can be shown with specific background color/transparency
  • Added settings to set window/list default visibility states and positions on the screen

Only bug reports & questions about the changes in this thread please.

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Like 4

Mark-Julius Pikat (1051954)

1) For departing traffic, it shows ARR RWY instead of departure one.

2) hiding Label_RMK in the settings would not hide it from the actual label.

image.png

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia
mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org

Juha Holopainen
46 minutes ago, Mark-Julius Pikat said:

1) For departing traffic, it shows ARR RWY instead of departure one.

The ARWY and DRWY items seem to be a bit WIP still.

47 minutes ago, Mark-Julius Pikat said:

2) hiding Label_RMK in the settings would not hide it from the actual label.

Could you give detailed steps to reproduce this? Disabling the RMK item either via the settings file or the top menu seems to hide the field for me.

7 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Could you give detailed steps to reproduce this? Disabling the RMK item either via the settings file or the top menu seems to hide the field for me.

I have added Label_RMK=0,0,0 to GRpluginSettings.
Although in the settings it is unmarked, while hovering the label it still shows RMK (before we didn't have even such feature)

Or is it intentional to work like this? Do we have to edit the whole label, then?

Edited by Mark-Julius Pikat

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat

Juha Holopainen

That's the intended functionality (most fields display the field mnemonic in the selected label if there's nothing else to display). To get rid of the RMK field completely you'll need to edit the label (it's enough to edit just that one line if you're happy with the other lines)

Henrik Sonstebo (1203470)

There are several of the Norwegian members that report that the safety nets, except RIM, don't work.

22.png

Juha Holopainen

I just made a quick test and at least "NO TAXI CLR", "RWY INCURSION", "NO TOF CLR"  and "APM" worked as expected, as well as the OSM and SRM functions. What exactly is not working?

Daniel Lange (1352906)
2 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I just made a quick test and at least "NO TAXI CLR", "RWY INCURSION", "NO TOF CLR"  and "APM" worked as expected, as well as the OSM and SRM functions. What exactly is not working?

RWY INCURSION works. What does not, of what I've observed so far it's NO TAXI CLR. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Lange said:

What does not, of what I've observed so far it's NO TAXI CLR. 

On our side we noticed it would not work with status "ON FREQ". With empty status it worked

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat

Daniel Lange (1352906)

I can also report that setting "GroundLabel_Transparency_Bg" only works on airport-specific when it comes to GRPluginSettingsLocal.txt. It should work globally?

I also wonder if it's possible (perhaps make it a setting) to select aircrafts when you click and drag their tag. As it works now, you need to explicitly click (and not drag) on one of the fields or inside the tag. And clicking on the fields opens the pop-up menus.

RWY doesn't assign in tag as well, though I understand that was a already reported bug somewhere.

Juha Holopainen
22 hours ago, Mark-Julius Pikat said:

On our side we noticed it would not work with status "ON FREQ". With empty status it worked

Useful information, thanks. Actually, looking at the documentation it didn't even claim the alert would be provided with ground state "ON FREQ", so technically not a bug, just a questionable feature. I've updated the code to provide the alert when the ground state is either empty, "ON FREQ", "DEICE" or "START UP" or above the set ground speed (10kts default) if state is "PUSH". That should do it.

17 hours ago, Daniel Lange said:

I can also report that setting "GroundLabel_Transparency_Bg" only works on airport-specific when it comes to GRPluginSettingsLocal.txt. It should work globally?

I have that setting in the Local file's global section and it works. There are some limitations to reading the settings when reloading them from the developer menu. Can you check if the setting works when it's already in the settings file on ES startup? I don't see why it wouldn't since it works for me, but if not, then there's something else that's different in your setup.

I also wonder if it's possible (perhaps make it a setting) to select aircrafts when you click and drag their tag.

I'll make it do so, as that's how ES does it and it's probably best to give the same functionality.

RWY doesn't assign in tag as well

If I remember correctly, arrival runway (ARWY) should open the runway assignment popup. The DRWY item will not as I could not get it to open the departure runway list, it would just always open the arrival runways list. According to ES documentation, the list that opens should be the departure one when the aircraft is on the ground at the departure airport but that doesn't seem to be the case (perhaps it only does when it's opened from the ES departure list...). I'll either have to find out some hidden parameter to pass to the function to force the departure runway list to open, or to code my own popup dialog.

• Thanks 1

Daniel Lange (1352906)
34 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I have that setting in the Local file's global section and it works. There are some limitations to reading the settings when reloading them from the developer menu. Can you check if the setting works when it's already in the settings file on ES startup? I don't see why it wouldn't since it works for me, but if not, then there's something else that's different in your setup

Here are my local settings: https://pastebin.com/suCXCqwP I've tried to put it in the global section and load it in when restarting ES, but that didn't seem to fix the issue 🤔

36 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

If I remember correctly, arrival runway (ARWY) should open the runway assignment popup. The DRWY item will not as I could not get it to open the departure runway list, it would just always open the arrival runways list. According to ES documentation, the list that opens should be the departure one when the aircraft is on the ground at the departure airport but that doesn't seem to be the case (perhaps it only does when it's opened from the ES departure list...). I'll either have to find out some hidden parameter to pass to the function to force the departure runway list to open, or to code my own popup dialog.

I was perhaps a bit unclear, I did not mean the pop-up menu. I thought of the label it self always says "RWY" even if I've selected the runway in the ES Departurelist or other places. It's like the label never updates/get set.

unknown.png

Juha Holopainen

My first guess would be that it's caused by having the same setting in the [ENGM] section of the general settings file (assuming you're using the settings file that comes with the sector package from GNG). The order of loading the settings files is general/global -> local/global -> general/airport -> local/airport (the global settings are read at plugin startup, the airport-specific ones when a radar screen is created), so the setting in your local file's global section will get overwritten by the one in the general settings file's ENGM specific part. If this is the cause - you can try it by commenting out the setting in the general settings file or by trying an airport other than ENGM - the workaround is to have the setting in the airport-specific section as you have done. I'll clarify the settings priority order in the documentation.

And yes, the ARWY & DRWY items not yet displaying the proper texts is a known issue.

• Like 1

Jan Doehring (1356262)

Looks like the feature of hiding certain label items is bugged for me:

I have inserted the following into the settings:

Label=GND:DEP:0:ALRT,0,0:ASSR_E,0,1
Label=GND:DEP:1:CALLSIGN,0,0:COMM,0,1
Label=GND:DEP:2:ATYP,0,1:WTC,0,1
Label=GND:DEP:3:DRWY,0,1,1:DEP,0,1:RMK,0,1

Label=GND:ARR:0:ALRT,0,0:ASSR_E,0,1
Label=GND:ARR:1:CALLSIGN,0,0:COMM,0,1
Label=GND:ARR:2:ATYP,0,1:WTC,0,1
Label=GND:ARR:3:STAND,0,1:RMK,0,1

I have tried multiple variations of this:

Label_DEP=0,1,0
Label_ATYP=0,1,0
Label_WTC=0,1,0
Label_DRWY=0,0,0
Label_SID=0,0,0
Label_STAND=0,0,0

Looks like Label_STAND is working as it should. But there seems to be a problem with DRWY and DEP (or a feature who knows? :D). But honestly, I have observed the following: Once these fields become auto-populated by ES, the items appear even if these labels are set to off for the ground view. 

Additionally I have found that the DRWY function works alright when the extra is set to 1 (display automatically when there are multiple runways). But it does not, when it is set to the default. Maybe this can help, improving the function.

Juha Holopainen

If you're really setting "Label_DEP=0,1,0", that does make the DEP field display in the ground mode whenever there's data to display (Label_SID has no effect on the DEP field). If it displays also with "Label_DEP=0,0,0", then there's something not right.

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic