GRPlugin Feature Request - Tower Mode

Phil Hauf (1288197)

Phil Hauf (1288197)

Hi Juha,

still great to see the GRPlugin in development.

I have some feature requests for the Tower Mode, that might be helpful for controllers. I personally use the Tower Mode on my second screen to see the final and my Controlzone only, like a simple Radar. My Ground Mode is the one I'm most of the time working with.

To have the Tower Mode more like a real Tower Radar (e.g. Frankfurt), it would be great if the following features could find a way into the Plugin:

1. Possibility to disable maps in Tower Mode (to have a quiet simple setup with less information, but to see it with the Ground Mode)
2. A distance tool to measure the distance between two aircraft (unfortunately the ES one does not work with the Plugin)
3. A filter to disable also primary targets on the ground (like it is in the APP Window), that you can only see aircraft in the air.

Best regards and many thanks,

Phil

• Like 1

Juha Holopainen

In the next version the maps can be defined to be limited to tower, ground or app window or a combination of them (the difference from the current beta being the ability to define ground and tower modes separately). Generally speaking the tower mode is currently not in active development and will see any changes only as result of changes to the ground mode that affect it as well.

• Like 1

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Is it possible to add the option to draw regions with opacity?

Like the ActFillPattern we have for TopSkyAreas category.