Two Topsky request: Text wrap in windows, remove items from QNH/TL table

Magnus Meese (997444)

Magnus Meese (997444)

Windows like Prim Freq Window and Notepad has the potential to greatly enhance my controlling, I would really like to use them but right now they're not really functional because neither wraps text (the text continues out of view instead of stepping one line down when reaching the right border) and the notepad doesn't seem to have any way to linebreak. To save space for watching planes and stuff I'd have to keep the windows quite narrow, and text wrap becomes necessary.

The QNH/TL window is an awesome idea as well, but over longer sessions in sectors with many airports it becomes too crowded for me and there's no apparent way to remove airports from that list.

This is in the Norwegian controller package if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Juha Holopainen

Notepad does wrap text at least for me, but it may be a new feature, I don't remember when that changed. There's no way to force a line break until the next version comes out though (it's in the development code already).

For the Prim Freq and ATC message windows, the messages are sometimes so long that wrapping is probably not ideal. The likely change here is the addition of a "mouse-down" function to display the whole message like in the CPDLC message windows.

There is no way to remove the airports from the QNH/TL list (unless you're using the non-VATSIM-source METARs, but then they will not automatically update). It just shows data based on all received METARs, and as the plugin doesn't get informed when you deselect the METAR in EuroScope, it keeps on showing it. If I remember correctly, deselecting the METAR just hides it in ES, the program keeps updating it in the background, so even if it was possible to remove it from the window, it would just pop back again with the next update. I'll try to remember to check if that's still the case.

Magnus Meese (997444)

Thanks for the reply.

I use my metar list without the "autoselect metar for active airports" and manually bring forward any relevant metar with F2+icao, then doubleclick to hide once I have no planes there. Death to clutter! If your TL list could be configured to do the same that would really help me with TL awareness, but I realise it's not a widely needed function so I'm fine with my current method if it's not an option.

Juha Holopainen

Tested this today, and it's the same as before. Double-clicking the METARs only hide them from display in EuroScope, they're still refreshed in the background every 5 minutes. So even if I made it possible to remove stations from the QNH/TL window, they would just reappear in a couple of minutes. If I blocked that from happening, there would have to be a magic way to revert that should the user actually want to see the information again. Way too complicated for a simple window like this, so it'll stay as it is for now.

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

In the case we are using the metar source from a url option, is it doable to have it refresh every 5 minutes too? Or an interval defined in settings?