HDG line refresh rate

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Juha Holopainen

Better - possibly. Smooth - probably not. I tested forcing screen updates at some point and didn't think the hugely increased CPU load was worth the smoothness. Try it out by dragging something on the screen for some time, it eats up all the resources. I'll probably revisit the issue at some point and try the effect of forcing a screen refresh at given intervals instead of continuously.

• 4 months later...
Bernardo Reis (1096507)

From Andrew Ogden on VATEUD #software Discord Channel:

thought I’d come back here and give an update

fd2280b8f458e152143248ae95a00355.gif

I am using GetCursorPos and GetAsyncKeyPress to update a set of variables every 50ms in an infinite loop on a separate thread to provide me with info regarding button and position state, separate to ES.

That way I can register left button or right button down on the screen without having to have a screen object. (button press not finished yet) Because it is in a separate thread the cursor refresh loop runs separately to the ES OnRefresh meaning I can update much, much faster than just once per second(edited)

GetCursorPos could improve the smoothness of HDG line?

• Like 1

Juha Holopainen

I have something similar in testing. The main difference is that I use the already existing mouse hook in the plugin to find out when the mouse cursor has moved and pass the information to a thread that then forces a screen refresh at a specified interval. Should be available in the next build.

• Like 1