TopSky plugin 2.3.1 beta 3

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Main changes from beta 2:

• Unit Settings submenu added
  • Maps data file syntax updated (layer, global, default_global and default_screen-specific added, color changed)
  • Bug fix to CPDLC code (still not sure if it was this issue that caused the crash I encountered or something else, but at least this one is fixed -> recommendation to avoid having the LFUNC Frequency Plan Window open is cancelled with this plugin version)
  • APW alert now colors callsign item with Warning color in addition to showing the "APW" text in the Alert item
  • Non-COOPANS version Track Control Window updated (Flight Leg fields added)
  • Flight Leg point labels changed (available fields and their order)
  • ROF indicator in label changed to Proposition color in COOPANS version

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)

Thanks for update!

Is that possible change metric speed format to XXX only? like 980km/h it will show 098 instead of K980. Same with 1150km/h -> 115 instead of K1150

image.png.766ec94df1434f2fb39817bb9294a0f5.png

(Real Topsky Radar in China)

And it will be nice if you can also add "acceleration and deceleration indicator"(A means acceleration  L means deceleration and no show when constants)

Thanks!!

Edited by Hongye Zhang

Mark-Julius Pikat (1051954)
3 hours ago, Hongye Zhang said:

image.png.766ec94df1434f2fb39817bb9294a0f5.png

(Real Topsky Radar in China)

The picture you added is from previous generation of Thales ATM system, called EUROCAT 2000 and its different versions, which is already well-simulated with vatSys software.

Remember that TopSky simulates the most of the real system and is based on the real manuals.

M-J

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia
mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org

29 minutes ago, Mark-Julius Pikat said:

The picture you added is from previous generation of Thales ATM system, called EUROCAT 2000 and its different versions, which is already well-simulated with vatSys software.

Remember that TopSky simulates the most of the real system and is based on the real manuals.

M-J

correct their name was EUROCAT-X but since 2017 they change into THALES TOPSKY which maintain old TAGs.

• Like 1

Erik Wachters (815026)

Hello,

I did some tests to improve our STCA settings. I came across a bug I think.
It seems like if you select the global STCA off in the 'Safety Nets Status window' only the visual warning is inhibited, I still get the aural warning.

An other question about the 'Safety Nets Status window' is how to delete an entry in one of the inhibition input fields?
I've tried to just delete the entry but it won't take the empty entry when I enter. Now I just put a space in the field as a workaround.

Thank you for the great plugin!

Erik 

Juha Holopainen
On 04/12/2020 at 10:35, Hongye Zhang said:

Is that possible change metric speed format to XXX only?

I think the label field data formats will stay as they are in the modelled system.

8 hours ago, Erik Wachters said:

It seems like if you select the global STCA off in the 'Safety Nets Status window' only the visual warning is inhibited, I still get the aural warning.

I don't see how that would be possible. Is it possible you just forgot to click "Ok" or "Apply" as the selections in the window aren't taken into account before that?

At the moment you can't clear the entries. I'll be updating the MTCD status window in version 2.4, and while I'm at that I'll have a look at this issue as well.

Hi Juha,

Not sure if that is a bug from previous versions, but "bound" circle definition is not working for me. I tried with several decimal radius values and still didn't get it.

Here is the area I am trying to test:

//NARVA GND-FL130
AREA:T:NARVA
CATEGORY:J
LABEL:N059.23.23.000:E028.06.42.000:NARVA
NOSAP
BOUND:C:N059.23.22.999:E028.06.42.001:1.25
LIMITS:0:130

Area "NARVA" has less than 3 coordinate lines. 

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat

Luke Brown (1116943)

BOUND simply defines the area for the calculations, you still need to draw the circle using another method.

IIRC, the bound just helps cut down on processing power.

An example of mine:

AREA:T:EGD129
CATEGORY:DANGER
LIMITS:0:120
BOUND:C:N051.52.46.000:W001.13.20.000:2
COORD:N051.52.46.000:W001.10.05.610
~
ACTIVE:NOTAM:EGTT:D129

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luke Brown said:

BOUND simply defines the area for the calculations, you still need to draw the circle using another method.

IIRC, the bound just helps cut down on processing power.

An example of mine:

AREA:T:EGD129
CATEGORY:DANGER
LIMITS:0:120
BOUND:C:N051.52.46.000:W001.13.20.000:2
~
ACTIVE:NOTAM:EGTT:D129

Indeed, thanks, didn't think about it this way.

Another question to @Juha then - would it be possible to name maps in TSA folder (Radar Menu) in alphabetical order?

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat

Juha Holopainen

I'd rather keep them as they are as the wanted order can then be set by adjusting the order of the areas in the data file.

• 2 weeks later...
Erik Wachters (815026)

Hello,

In this version the ModeS data is not displayed anymore in the label. I tryed to revert to the previous beta2 dll and there it"s still working.
I can't find anything in the changelog about this.

Something changed here?

Erik

EDIT: It looks like non of the flights is seen as a ModeS flight anymore with beta3. If I only replace the dll with beta2 then I can see ModeS flight again so it's not in one f the setting files......

Edited by Erik Wachters

• 2 weeks later...
Juha Holopainen

@Erik Wachters, is it ALL the mode S data that's missing or just the DAPs? There was a change to the DAP items (DHDG & DRC) that may cause them to not display on your setup, but the other mode S related items such as FLTADD, FLTID and mode S mismatch indicator shouldn't have changed.

Juha Holopainen

The fault is likely in the possibility to prefix the DAP items with a selectable character ("Label_DAPs_Prefix" setting), and the code not dealing well with there being no character set. At the moment to see the DAP items, either set a prefix character or use the previous version.

• 2 weeks later...
Erik Wachters (815026)

Hello,

I try to understand the TopSkySSRcodes.txt part but I can't get it to work as I want.

My problem is very simple: Our FIR (EBBU) is in ModeS area so we can use SQ1000 but London don't use SQ1000. The thing I'm trying to do is add an area for London and make it no ModeS so I get an indication in the label if a trajectory will pass that London Area and has SQ1000 so we can see that we need to provide a discrete code to that flight.

In the picture below you can see 2 areas (the first is the complete ModeS area in the west):

AREA:ModeS
MODE_S
N055.00.00.000 E005.00.00.000
N051.45.19.000 E000.50.29.000

AREA:LON
RANGE:7101:7177
N050.24.05.000 E000.46.11.000
N051.45.19.000 E000.50.29.000

image.png.a652fc2f6da691402ab8b6a8a15a7106.png

As you can see TEST007 shall enter the LON area with SQ1000.

How can I program this so I have the * indication next to the C/S?

Thank you very much for your time!

Erik

Edited by Erik Wachters

image.png.cb460b93b9ddce12deb3b5ee51498dd0.png

Hey, Is that possible to add that setting? Use one more color to remind more clearly

And maybe CFL could change color? When assume or notified, there will be a separate color. 

Edited by Hongye Zhang

Juha Holopainen

The code assignment rules are only checked when assigning a new code, there is no indication if the current code is compatible with the rules. So there is nothing you can do setup-wise to get an alert of a 'bad' current code. The "*" next to the callsign is not an indication of a code change required, but a simulation of a manual correlation indicator. As the plugin doesn't actually know if a track has been manually correlated, I display the indicator when the correlation is to a primary only track, or to a secondary track squawking a non-discrete code when no ASSR has been set.

An old setting "Label_UseTransferInColor" still exists in the code and can be used to force the EuroScope "transfer to me initiated" color to be used. It probably doesn't work in every part of the plugin, but at least the tag items should respond to that setting.

31 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

An old setting "Label_UseTransferInColor" still exists in the code and can be used to force the EuroScope "transfer to me initiated" color to be used. It probably doesn't work in every part of the plugin, but at least the tag items should respond to that setting.

I found that! Thank you! Is it possible to modify the symbol of the Filed 18 indicator, such as * or # instead of +

19 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

No, it's either a filled box or the + character depending on the chosen setup.

Do you have any plans to make the change? "+" It's ugly on TAG. "*" might be better. I suggest it as a personalized thing, people can choose according to themselves.

Juha Holopainen

No plans unless I receive information that the modelled systems have changed. To keep the amount of work reasonable, the plugin's behavior will follow the modelled systems. If I started making everything adjustable it would be an endless amount of work.

1 hour ago, Juha Holopainen said:

No plans unless I receive information that the modelled systems have changed. To keep the amount of work reasonable, the plugin's behavior will follow the modelled systems. If I started making everything adjustable it would be an endless amount of work.

Ok Thanks!

Michael Eyecold (1283788)

Hey Juha,

any plans on adding or giving us the option to add sounds for HOP, RTI and TIP? That would be just great :)

Thanks!!!

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic