Topsky hold list: Time added and remove aircraft directly from list

Magnus Meese (997444)

Magnus Meese (997444)

Just used the hold list for the first time at Fly & See Santa, and while it was a good tool, there's two (three) things I'm missing:

1: A column in the hold window dedicated to time added to list, as at least 3 in every 10 pilots did something funky to miss overflying the holdpoint and therefore they were not sorted correctly in the list. If I need to manage both the freetext window and the hold function to keep on top of both time added and the ETO, I might as well not bother with ETO.

2: The possibility to easily remove aircraft from the list via a list function, as tonight every one in two aircraft I removed from the list were removed by finding the datablock/list row -> clicking appropriately in the block/row item -> being interrupted by something important -> restarting the process -> being interrupted by something really important -> forget about it -> find the aircraft 10 minutes later on approach or ground -> figure out how the heck to remove it -> interrupted again -> repeat -> removed. Yes it's a controller problem, but it is my opinion that any good human-machine interface accounts for idiots like me.

(3: Ability to sort the hold list by any of the columns. Sometimes I want it by level, sometimes I want it by ETO, some times I want it by time added. I'm a needy guy)

• Like 1

Christian Kovanen (1379372)
5 minutes ago, Magnus Meese said:

Just used the hold list for the first time at Fly & See Santa, and while it was a good tool, there's two (three) things I'm missing:

1: A column in the hold window dedicated to time added to list, as at least 3 in every 10 pilots did something funky to miss overflying the holdpoint and therefore they were not sorted correctly in the list. If I need to manage both the freetext window and the hold function to keep on top of both time added and the ETO, I might as well not bother with ETO.

2: The possibility to easily remove aircraft from the list via a list function, as tonight every one in two aircraft I removed from the list were removed by finding the datablock/list row -> clicking appropriately in the block/row item -> being interrupted by something important -> restarting the process -> being interrupted by something really important -> forget about it -> find the aircraft 10 minutes later on approach or ground -> figure out how the heck to remove it -> interrupted again -> repeat -> removed. Yes it's a controller problem, but it is my opinion that any good human-machine interface accounts for idiots like me.

(3: Ability to sort the hold list by any of the columns. Sometimes I want it by level, sometimes I want it by ETO, some times I want it by time added. I'm a needy guy)

You can open this menu by left clicking the callsign on the hold list you dont need to do it via the ES lists or radar screen.

image.png

Juha Holopainen

1. I don't know what the pilots did, but it must have been really funky to cause issues with the ETO as it's only adjusted if earlier than the previously calculated value, or if something happens that causes the holding clearance to be reset (for example pilot logging off and back on)