GRP Stand allocation between controllers

Sam Collins

Hello, I am writing with a query on the tansfer of the assigned stand between controllers. I am aware that this infomation appears within the Datablock of the flightplan strip however another controller without the plugin wishing to modify our current smr view plugin to support GRP is unable to see the assigned stands

Juha Holopainen

The stand assignments are primarily communicated using scratchpad broadcasts - i.e. first sending a specific message and then the previous scratchpad contents so the message doesn't remain in the scratchpad, and as a back-up method they are also transferred in the flightstrip (for the cases when the receiving controller hadn't seen the scratchpad broadcast for some reason).

The scratchpad message for a stand assignment is currently "GRP/S/xxx" where xxx is the stand name. "GRP/S/" means a cleared stand allocation. I have no plans at the moment to change the format, but it is not guaranteed to stay the same in the future either.