TopSky DCL next frequency

Sam Collins

Hello again, im enquiring about how to have a selectable next frequency for DCL clerances in topsky. At Zurich the apron frequency is dependent on which side of the runway they situated on. How would I go about setting this in the settings file? Currently I am just sending them all to south apron frequency

Juha Holopainen

The frequency sent in both the <nfreq> and <rfreq> items should be editable in the PDC window. There is no function to send a predefined frequency based on the location of the aircraft.

• 4 weeks later...
Bernardo Reis (1096507)

It currently looks for the frequency owning that airspace. Can it look for primary frequency of the controller assigning the clearance?

We don't have an "airspace" defined for GND and DEL, which means that the next frequency will be either TWR, APP or above, while the DEL or GND controller are online and working clearances.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
4 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I'll look into providing a next freq option that defaults to the controller's primary frequency.

Sounds good, thanks!

Speaking of DCLs, do you think it's possible to define hoppie codes per airport so that the clearances are always requested to the airport ICAO and not the controller logon?

For example, I'm connected to CPDLC with LPPC with my code, but I have one other code defined for LPPT. The pilots when requesting DCL would make the request to LPPT instead of LPPC.

Juha Holopainen

A simple setup like that, with one logon for CPDLC and another for DCL, would probably work without issues. But an area with a dozen airports offering DCL might be problematic as the plugin needs to poll for messages for each logon separately. As supporting multiple logons would require quite a bit of coding, even thinking about it will have to wait until the whole datalink issue (the work-in-progress VATSIM-specific solution) is more clear.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Another question regarding DCL: Will it be possible to add an ATIS field? Currently we are using the <rmk> field to manually write the ATIS. Something like <adepatis> would be useful.