GRP ProMode

Jonas Kuster (1158939)

Jonas Kuster (1158939)

GRP 1.4b3

I've realised that the ProMode of GRP currently depends on the ES settings. So if the correlation mode of ES is set to Easy, the ProMode of GRP seems to have no impact at all. Especially when working top-down and using different ASR in the same instance of ES, it would be nice if the ProMode works independently from the ES settings. I don't see a reason why it needs to be linked. Otherwise, ProMode should only be available for activation if the ES mode is set to either Mode-S or Mode-C.

Jonas Kuster Leader Operation - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch

Juha Holopainen

The plugin has no way of knowing which correlation mode is selected in EuroScope. It correlates radar tracks with flight plans using EuroScope data, so when using the easy mode, everything will be correctly correlated. The "non-pro" mode in the plugin is a way to cheat the correlations locally correct in the ground radar display when using the realistic correlation settings in EuroScope (it probably gives a realistic result when used on an airport with mode S SMR as almost all aircraft are mode S nowadays but on VATSIM the equipment codes can be whatever).

If for some reason you wish to use the easy mode generally and the pro mode for the ground radar, you can try using two instances of EuroScope, the one with the ground radar set to use a realistic correlation mode. I've never checked if it causes some issues when different correlation modes are used though.

Thomas Ljung (1253198)
3 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I've never checked if it causes some issues when different correlation modes are used though.

It works perfectly. I use it all the time. 

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Pro mode active on an easy vatsim setting lets you know if the transponder is on or not.

On the other hand, if you are using C-mode (not sure about S since I don't use it) and Pro mode off, you won't be able to tell who has the transponder on or not.

You can tell this by the symbol, either the circle or the square.

Jonas Kuster (1158939)
On 30/12/2020 at 15:06, Juha Holopainen said:

It correlates radar tracks with flight plans using EuroScope data, so when using the easy mode, everything will be correctly correlated.

Shouldn't the correlation be prevented when the GRP ProMode is on? Or at least no labels displayed in this case?

Because you are correlating radar tracks, you are in fact using the ES settings, which is a bit of a pain. I'm only using Easy correlation, especially when doing top-down-coverage due to lack of realism (in Europe, you get most traffic correlated from your neighbour, when opening an CTR station solo, you have to guess all the targets approaching your airspace).

GRP should not display labels (and thus indicating correlation) when the GRP ProMode is on and the assigned squawk is not set yet. I think, this would be an improvement to use the ProMode also while ES is set to Easy correlation.

Jonas Kuster Leader Operation - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch