TopSky: meaning of ALERT in personal que.

Semir Gebran (1148433)

Semir Gebran (1148433)

Hello,

I am getting this ALERT from TopySky in the personal que:

RDF Failure : Unable to open communications

What does that mean in practice, and could this be related in any way to the proxy server?

Note: I successfully managed to run Euroscope with TopSky  and Ground Radar Plugins along with AFV under Linux with wine-stable 6, two things are out of the ordinary to which I still have not found a solution. One is the mentioned message and the other one is that the proxy functionality which is somewhat broken. My thoughts are that these could be related.

Thanks for any provided hints.

Edited by Semir Gebran

Juha Holopainen

The reason for the failure can be the same that's giving you the proxy problems, but I don't know if they can be related in any way - it's possible due to the Linux setup. The message is put in the queue when the plugin thinks it hasn't been successful in creating a hidden window it uses to communicate with AFV. Note that it may be a false alarm, and RDF may work after all, but if it is a real failure, you won't get any RDF functionality.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about non-Windows systems to be able to provide any support for issues with running EuroScope or the plugins with them, hopefully someone else can help out.

Semir Gebran (1148433)

Ok, thank you for the reply, this is likely something related to networking as AFV Bridge is also not working, but strangely everything else is. I was hoping for some indication of what could be the issue not so much a complete solution, so that I could determine whether it's a missing component of windows that needs to be installed or a call that's not yet implemented in Wine. I already posted in the wine forums hoping they'll have an idea.

At any case, thanks anyway :)

Jonas Kuster (1158939)

The AFV client connects to the "youngest" instance of ES. So any information needed for an RDF display and relayed through the AFV Bridge plugin will only be available in this instance. Older instances will not receive any information from the AFV client, and as a consequence, AFV Bridge on this instance has no data to provide, and hence no RDF functions will work there.

So in case you are working with multiple instances of ES, you will need to launch the instance where you want to have RDF functionality last in sequence.

Jonas Kuster Leader Operation - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch

Juha Holopainen

TopSky will actually forward the relevant messages to all other instances running TopSky, so from the RDF point of view the launch order of the instances doesn't matter.