TopSky Maps - Enable individual airways?

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Hi Juha, would it be possible to have a Maps function to allow the automatic activation of specific procedures or airways? For instance, I've been lending a hand with developing the Iceland sector file. As part of that, I've added automatically activating maps which draw the outlines for each runway's SIDs and STARs onto the radar scope. However, I've had to individually draw each line between each fix on the STAR, like this:

//DEVUD 4N
LINE:DEVUD:KF301
LINE:KF301:KF102
LINE:KF102:KF103
LINE:KF103:ABEXI
LINE:ABEXI:KF384
LINE:KF384:KF385
LINE:KF385:KOPUM
LINE:KOPUM:DEXON

Obviously, this is both tedious to develop and to maintain if procedures change. I'm aware that it's already possible through the radar menu to display SID and STAR maps, which correspond to those visible in Display Settings. What would be really nice would be the ability to activate those maps automatically using TopSkyMaps.txt.

On a similar note, I'm also aware that it's possible through the radar menu to display all the higher & lower airways defined in the sector file, using the AIRWAYS-H and AIRWAYS-L airways. Would it be possible to get the ability to display individual airways, either through the radar menu or through TopSkyMaps.txt?

I understand if this isn't possible, but I figured it's worth asking as it would be a great help if implemented. In any case, thanks so much for all your work on this plugin!

Edited by Jonathan Fong

Juha Holopainen

The possibility for maps to contain sector file items (SIDs, STARs, etc.) is planned for version 2.5. This will in time make it possible to define activation schedules for them.

• Like 3