Coming back to fly on VATSIM after some years!

Alf Koivunen

Alf Koivunen

Hello!

I am Alf and 60 years old now and been away from VATSIM flight for some years.  In year of 2005 I join VATSIM and I believe I have not done a flight online for over about 7 years or so. I have also in real life flying motor glider based in Härnösand Myran in Västernorrland but not any more.

The goal for me is to get back flying online again on VATSIM and I am going slowly and will not rush in on a big flyin event  or so. I will just go slowly and do it step by step and then we will see how it goes. Now I am flying X-plane more and still using FSX but my goal is flying X-plane on VATSIM.

Here is my planning.

1. Study all VATSIM documentation about rules etc.

2. Download software for X-plane and check so it is working.

3.  Log in on VATSIM network and listen on ATC.

4. Do a short flight with Cessna 172 around a small airport in Sweden and begin to get familiar and get back in saddle again.

My call sign earlier was "Britannic 33" BCA_33 (Brittanic Virtual Airline)

That was some information about me!

Cheers!

Alf

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
Christian Axelsson (925868)

Hej Alf
Jag föreslår ett eller två varv runt ESGV till att börja med, sen när du blir varm i kläderna så kan du lite försiktigt närma dig ESGG.
/SE-IAD 

Torben Andersen (861112)

Welcome back. Beware of an issue with XPLANE11, which means that if your computer isn't able to execute xplane with a framerate of 20+, xplane will run in a sort of slowmotion mode, meaning that the outside world will see you moving in slow motion. As this is not workable for atc, vatsim will automatically disconnect you from the network, when this happens.