Topsky removes equipement codes from Flightplan

Matisse VanWezer (1385143)

Matisse VanWezer (1385143)

Hey all,

I've noticed Topsky is removing equipement codes from flightplans after amendments with the plugin's flightplan window.

Example: When amending a flightplan using Euroscope the AP data field remains the same (here we added TEST at the beginning of the flight's route).

unknown.png

For this same flight, when amending with Topsky, you can see the equipement code field filled in. I assume TopSky stores these locally.

unknown.png

Because they have been removed from the Euroscope Flightplan/flightstrip. The codes are removed from the AP data field. This means that plugins that utilise this code, such as Mode S, no longer have access to it and could throw false squawk code retention errors.

unknown.png

Is this something that can be fixed?

Edited by Matisse VanWezer

• Matisse VanWezer (1385143) changed the title to Topsky removes equipement codes from Flightplan
Juha Holopainen

The current version of the plugin gets the equipment code from EuroScope. EuroScope does not handle the ICAO equipment codes at all, and returns "M" as the equipment code. The equipment code as presented in the window, as indicated in the plugin manual, is a rough translation from the provided equipment code character (M is translated into DFILTUV). When modifying the flightplan, the window does clearly show the FAA code in the equipment field, and will set it accordingly. The entered equipment code must be the FAA equipment code.

Until VATSIM finally sorts out the current mess of both FAA and ICAO codes being present in flightplans, all kinds of strange stuff may happen. The next version of the plugin will however provide at least partial support for the ICAO format equipment field.

Jonas Kuster (1158939)

It seems TopSky is (re-)setting the equipment code when a flight plan is edited with TopSky. To preserve any existing equipment code strings, even if they are non-standard based on interface EuroScope currently offers, could it be an option to touch these part of the flight plan only if they have been changed?

In the EuroScope native version, this seems to be a minor issue as there is no form or other standardised way to set the equipment code (to my knowledge). However I'm aware there is a plugin function offered to set the equipment code. I assume it's the one "breaking" especially the ICAO equipment codes already introduced through the flight plan filing on my.vatsim.net.

Jonas Kuster Leader Operation - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch