TopSky Bug Report (2.3.1) - WXR_TimeStampURL broken

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Hi,

It seems like the Weather Radar functionality is broken. Looking at the RainViewer API documentation (here for v2 of the API, here for the legacy one which I'm guessing TopSky uses), it seems that the link for the valid time stamps has changed from https://tilecache.rainviewer.com/api/maps.json to either:

Additionally, when I try to set the correct time stamp link in TopSkySettings.txt using the variable WXR_TimeStampURL, I get a 'BAD DATA' error:

image.png.7ac264bf4a8b6381adfd66e8f6215224.png

It seems like TopSky doesn't properly recognize the variable, even though it's defined in the TopSky_Developer_Guide_Settings.xlsx spreadsheet.

Could this be looked into? Many thanks!

Juha Holopainen

The weather radar appears to work just fine right now, so it must have been a temporary hiccup somewhere. Both the URL in the plugin and the current one return the same data, so the old one seems to be supported as well. There is a typo in the documentation though, the variable name should be WXR_TimeStampsURL.

Jonathan Fong (1308253)
9 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

The weather radar appears to work just fine right now, so it must have been a temporary hiccup somewhere. Both the URL in the plugin and the current one return the same data, so the old one seems to be supported as well. There is a typo in the documentation though, the variable name should be WXR_TimeStampsURL.

Huh that's odd, I'll keep looking into the plugin settings to see why my Reykjavik weather radar setup isn't working then... Thanks for your help, and for clarifying the typo.