TopSky Feature Request: Altitudes and FLs in CFL, RFL and AFL to be shown according to the airport's QNH

Spyros Stavrakis (1463640)

It would be better if the CFL, RFL and AFL lists show altitudes according to the departure/destination airport's Transition Altitude and Level (Maybe utilize the already existing Airspace file ,which can determine the TA and TL, and add some more functions there). Especially for controllers on Center/Radar positions this would be very useful. 

Thanks in advance,

Edited by Spyros Stavrakis
  • Like 1
Spyros Stavrakis
HvACC Training Director (ACCGR2)

Jonathan Hanekom (1538856)
5 hours ago, Spyros Stavrakis said:

It would be better if the CFL, RFL and AFL lists show altitudes according to the departure/destination airport's Transition Altitude and Level (Maybe utilize the already existing Airspace file ,which can determine the TA and TL, and add some more functions there). Especially for controllers on Center/Radar positions this would be very useful. 

Thanks in advance,

THIS!!!! We are using the plugin in the Johannesburg FIR where we have airports that vary more than 5000ft in altitude. This feature would be amazing.

Juha Holopainen

The ability to define transition altitude areas is a planned feature for version 2.4. Whether it will be available in the next beta or some later one, I'm not sure yet. Some of the necessary code is done already.

Maybe I did not elaborate on the matter...What I am saying is that for example...If there are two airports in my airspace, one with transition altitude of 9000ft and the other of 6000ft and the QNH is 1015, the transition levels are FL100 and FL70 respectively...if I there are two a/c 's going to these airports and I want to assign them both "8000ft", for the a/c going to the airport with TA 9000ft and TL FL100 the lists would indicate 8000ft and for the other a/c going to the airport with TA 6000ft and TL FL70 the lists would indicate FL80. 

If that's what you are saying, apologies...I just want to make sure that we talk about the same thing.

Edited by Spyros Stavrakis
Spyros Stavrakis
HvACC Training Director (ACCGR2)

Juha Holopainen

It's almost the same, the difference being that what's displayed in the track labels and flight lists would always depend on where the aircraft is currently, not where it's going to be later. In most cases this won't make much of a difference - once the aircraft gets into the area where you have defined the wanted transition altitude, the levels will display accordingly. The level assignment menus could be forced to display values according to an airport-specific TA, but it might still be better to keep them synchronized with what's displayed in the label and lists.

• Thanks 1