Topsky-Toggle Route Draw not working on very long routes

Amos Ng (1357854)

Amos Ng (1357854)

Hi,

I have two aircrafts flying from VVTS - KDFW and it appears the route draw does not work. Other aircraft the route draw will work.

However it appears that even Euroscope cant draw the route correctly; could this be the reason? (Crosses the international date line)
image.thumb.png.eb348f0ca0799a2960104f1b0b0496d8.png

Juha Holopainen

Nothing wrong there, that's just how the spherical world is projected onto the flat screen in EuroScope - west longitudes always left of the east longitudes.

Amos Ng (1357854)
9 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Nothing wrong there, that's just how the spherical world is projected onto the flat screen in EuroScope - west longitudes always left of the east longitudes.

I understand that, but I don't understand why TopSky's route draw refuses to work.

The above screenshot is Euroscope's route draw.

Juha Holopainen

I can see that it's EuroScope's line. What I'm missing here is the information about what exactly happens when you toggle the plugin's route draw for the same track: nothing drawn, route partly drawn, route drawn but incorrectly, something else... I had a look at the current online traffic and with random checks of both east- and westbound tracks across the antimeridian, the route was drawn as expected, so I need exact steps to reproduce the issue - perhaps a log file that I can play back.

Amos Ng (1357854)
3 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I can see that it's EuroScope's line. What I'm missing here is the information about what exactly happens when you toggle the plugin's route draw for the same track: nothing drawn, route partly drawn, route drawn but incorrectly, something else... I had a look at the current online traffic and with random checks of both east- and westbound tracks across the antimeridian, the route was drawn as expected, so I need exact steps to reproduce the issue - perhaps a log file that I can play back.

Route completely does not draw at all. Unfortunately i do not have a log file of it but if i encounter the same issue I'll definitely make a log file.