TopSky bug - Weather radar "file not color type RGBA"

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Basically as the title says - whenever I try to turn on the weather radar, this error shows up:

image.png.792d17cf560d826498e91597ec23b856.png

All settings related to the server, timestamp, etc. have been left as default - the only settings changed are brightness, gain, zoom, latitude, and longitude.

Edited by Jonathan Fong

Juha Holopainen

This isn't a bug as such, but the plugin getting fed data it doesn't understand. The code expects the image file to be a specific format, and that error is a result of the file failing that check. I am planning to widen the range of acceptable formats to future-proof the system, but as the data gives no errors for me at the moment, it was probably just a temporary glitch on the weather server.

Jonathan Fong (1308253)
15 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

This isn't a bug as such, but the plugin getting fed data it doesn't understand. The code expects the image file to be a specific format, and that error is a result of the file failing that check. I am planning to widen the range of acceptable formats to future-proof the system, but as the data gives no errors for me at the moment, it was probably just a temporary glitch on the weather server.

Ah my apologies - turns out I had the latitude & longitude set outside of my max/min values... My mistake. Thanks for the clarification, finally works now!