TopSky bug - BIRD & Icelandic aerodrome (BI**) NOTAMs not showing up

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Apologies to Juha for posting two issues two days in a row, but I'm truly stumped on this one...

Basically, I'm having trouble getting NOTAMs for BIRD FIR to show up in the NOTAM Window.

In TopSkySettings.txt, I have this line:

Airspace_NOTAM_Add=BIRD,BGGL

My understanding of this from the developer documentation is that this should make TopSky fetch NOTAMs for both BIRD and BGGL ICAO codes, along with all NOTAMs for airports with runways defined in the sector file.

However, as this screenshot shows, while TopSky is correctly showing NOTAMs for BGGL FIR, there are no NOTAMs shown for BIRD FIR. Additionally, TopSky is only showing one NOTAM from any Icelandic airport (airports with ICAOs starting with BI):

image.thumb.png.330a516309b58d2afa2504e00cef0562.png

According to the website of Isavia (the Icelandic ANSP), there are several NOTAMs active in BIRD FIR. Additionally, there are several NOTAMs active at multiple Icelandic aerodromes, not just BIAR (for example, BIKF and BIVM, as of 27 Aug).

I tried manually pulling the NOTAMs from the default FAA data source used by TopSky, using the same URL format as defined in the Developer Guide Settings spreadsheet: https://www.notams.faa.gov/PilotWeb/notamRetrievalByICAOAction.do?method=displayByICAOs&reportType=RAW&formatType=DOMESTIC&retrieveLocId=BIRD,BGGL,BIKF,BIVM&actionType=notamRetrievalByICAOs

The data source does correctly pull the NOTAMs for both BIRD and BGGL FIRs as well as BIKF and BIVM aerodromes. Basically, the data source seems to be providing the correct information, so I don't know why TopSky isn't showing it.

I've already tried to remove BGGL from the list of NOTAM airspaces (i.e. making the setting just "Airspace_NOTAM_Add=BIRD"), but it doesn't work. I've also tried adding the specific airports to the NOTAM airspaces list even though they should automatically be added (i.e. making the setting "Airspace_NOTAM_Add=BIRD,BGGL,BIKF,BIVM") but it still doesn't work.

I've looked through all the developer documentation from top to bottom and I have no clue if I have anything set up wrong, or if this is a bug. I've attached my WIP TopSkySettings.txt file below. Any chance I could get some help on this?

TopSkySettings.txt

Edited by Jonathan Fong

• Jonathan Fong (1308253) changed the title to TopSky bug - BIRD & Icelandic aerodrome (BI**) NOTAMs not showing up
Juha Holopainen

Hi,

looking at the BI?? NOTAMs, they appear to be formatted slightly different than anything else I've tested. Very slightly, but just enough that the code doesn't get the necessary information out and disregards them. I'll try to get them parsed correctly for the next release.

• Thanks 1

Jonathan Fong (1308253)
3 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Hi,

looking at the BI?? NOTAMs, they appear to be formatted slightly different than anything else I've tested. Very slightly, but just enough that the code doesn't get the necessary information out and disregards them. I'll try to get them parsed correctly for the next release.

Thanks for looking into it!