Jump to content

Feature request: Approach centerline interval marker


Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
 Share

Recommended Posts

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

Currently with the topsky approach centerline setup we are able to almost identically replicate the IRL centerline in Norway, however we are missing one thing and that is the possibility to have a interval marker (5nm in Norway). Atleast I could not find a such feature in topsky.

Example:

image.png.5d356ada97f77d8d51b9ba5ec133d1f5.png

 

And this is how close we have come to replicate it: 

image.png.6b40f5f0ea98165bf0deb3819e1e2e52.png

Adrian Bjerke
Training Director

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
12 minutes ago, Bernardo Reis said:

Meanwhile you can use maps activated by active runways.

That takes a heck more effort to get in place as I see it.

Adrian Bjerke
Training Director

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
37 minutes ago, Adrian Bjerke said:

That takes a heck more effort to get in place as I see it.

That's also true :D

But it is what we did 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
1 hour ago, Bernardo Reis said:

That's also true :D

But it is what we did 🤷‍♂️

With 59 runways (118 total for each side) and many of them needing to be offset and 20nm centerlines, that is not much of an option for me. I already have everything defined in topsky so hopefully this is something that could be implemented.

Adrian Bjerke
Training Director

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Juha Holopainen

As suggested above, maps are the way to achieve any customized drawings. While calculating all the coordinates one by one is of course a ridiculous amount of work, someone with some basic coding skills should be able to put together a script that outputs the desired map lines based on input data.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

So interval marker is something that you would never find in any topsky setups?

Everything else we needed was possible to define in the topsky settings (lenght, symbol type, no centerline, offset approaches), so I found it odd that interval marker was not an option. That is currently the only thing preventing me for activating the automatic display in our setups as 20nm centerlines makes it more difficult to vector into a 12nm final for example. 

Adrian Bjerke
Training Director

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Juha Holopainen

I don't know if the runway approach lines display interval markers in some TopSky setup somewhere. They don't in the system on which the plugin is based, but I'm pretty sure they can be made to display whatever the customer pays for. Like many other things, this may become possible in some future version, but I have no current plans for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alexander Arlow
On 9/28/2021 at 12:34 PM, Adrian Bjerke said:

So interval marker is something that you would never find in any topsky setups?

Everything else we needed was possible to define in the topsky settings (lenght, symbol type, no centerline, offset approaches), so I found it odd that interval marker was not an option. That is currently the only thing preventing me for activating the automatic display in our setups as 20nm centerlines makes it more difficult to vector into a 12nm final for example. 

The RL coopans version at least is unable. We have all our RWY-centerlines drawn as maps.

I suggest you do the same and have the desired amount of information in the RWY-centerlines. See ours for example:
dxC2JQE.png

10nm and 4nm markers, x is the intercept for the relevant published approach (5000ft for 11 and 16, 3000ft for 29 and 34) and the circles are intermediate intercepts in 3000ft for 16 and 3500ft for 11 respectively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
46 minutes ago, Alexander Arlow said:

The RL coopans version at least is unable. We have all our RWY-centerlines drawn as maps.

I suggest you do the same and have the desired amount of information in the RWY-centerlines. See ours for example:

As stated a bit above we have 118 centerlines which would needed to be created manually, atleast 34 of being being offset.
If you can come up with a script that can do this for us, then sure I would happily use maps, but I do not have the skills to create such a script and do not really have anyone else either who can do this. 

Adrian Bjerke
Training Director

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...