Unable draw coordinate points

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)

Hi,

I found that if there are coordinates in the route, then it cannot be displayed normally in Topsky route draw(toggle route draw). Is there meybe any solution?

Last screenshot is default route draw by Euroscope

Route is :

DAPRO A461 LKO R343 PK A593 AKARA/K0922S1070 A593 SADLI Y590 BEDAR Y591 FUE Y23 ARTIC Y71 XAC DCT MERED Y821 ADKAK DCT FERAR/N0493F370 DCT 32N150E 31N160E 30N170E 28N180E 25N170W DCT CANON BOOKE8

626467426_Q1W)E8)(@46GFW5_K.png.5bef90e7d71c8af54c5b7b8f2e502f90.png1095947902_C19065ECC6PQ6GL3VCRX.thumb.png.4173f282063c3b366ba860f7f2cb2b99.png

Edited by Hongye Rudi Zhang

Juha Holopainen

It is related to how EuroScope handles routes crossing the 180 longitude. For some reason, for some of those flights only - including both those with coordinate points and those with only normal waypoints, EuroScope reports the remaining time in minutes to points (including the destination) on the other side of that longitude as negative which indicates the point has already been overflown. Seeing that, the plugin assumes the flight has already landed and automatically removes the flight leg from display.

It should be a fairly easy change to force the route to be drawn if at least one point in it is still reporting a non-negative time estimate.

2 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

It is related to how EuroScope handles routes crossing the 180 longitude. For some reason, for some of those flights only - including both those with coordinate points and those with only normal waypoints, EuroScope reports the remaining time in minutes to points (including the destination) on the other side of that longitude as negative which indicates the point has already been overflown. Seeing that, the plugin assumes the flight has already landed and automatically removes the flight leg from display.

It should be a fairly easy change to force the route to be drawn if at least one point in it is still reporting a non-negative time estimate.

I see! Do you have any plans to fix it? This actually has a great impact on flights that cross the limit, because it cannot be displayed.

Juha Holopainen

Given that I just learned about the issue, no concrete plans yet, but it will most likely be addressed as part of some update some time next year.

On 31/12/2021 at 14:15, Juha Holopainen said:

Given that I just learned about the issue, no concrete plans yet, but it will most likely be addressed as part of some update some time next year.

Perfect! Thanks!