[10 Jan | 18-21z] Iceland Regional Day

Wygene Chong

Iceland-Regional-Day.jpg

For the first event of the new year, VATSIM Scandinavia will light up Iceland for regional flight lovers. Come and explore our small airfields from the main regional airport at Reykjavik (BIRK). If you follow our recommended routes, you will be guaranteed some spectacular scenery. So don't miss out, visit Iceland on Sunday 10th January between 18-21z in your favourite medium/light aircraft!

Pre-event staffing: 0500-0700z | 1100-1300z
Main event: 1800-2100z

Click Here for Pilot Info

Hub Airport: Reykjavik (BIRK)

Suggested Routes (available for download from vRoute)

• "The Mountain Approach" >> BIRK >> BIAR >> EL G4 NB
  • "The Fjord Approach" >> BIRK >> BIIS >> MYRAR B1 RE
  • "The Glacier Cruise" >> BIRK >> BIEG >> MURTA G2 ES
  • "The Island Approach" >> BIRK >> BIVM >> EL B1 VM

To fly the return leg, just reverse the routing ;)

Edited by Wygene Chong
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Otto Suhonen said:

Can I fly from/to BIRK with my 757-200? Is it too big?

Max size aircraft that BIRK can take is B757-200, just request runway 01/19. So yes you can :) But BIIS, BIEG, BIVM and BIAR will be a challenge to land at ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Wygene Chong
5 hours ago, odinn tor said:

i thing i have to travel that day unless the weather changes haha but have fun everyone!

Thanks for letting us know Óðinn in advance, I have put you as a "maybe", but we have a couple of standby's to step in if needed :) Would be good to have you there if you can make it!

@Everyone, I will also be online on BIRD_CTR 05-07z on Sunday morning and 11-13z in the afternoon to drum up traffic in Iceland! 

Edited by Wygene Chong

It's now officially Sunday in Iceland so we can say that this event is today!

You'll have ATC online at the following times:

0500-0700z (Morning Pre-event)
1100-1300z (Afternoon Pre-event)
1800-2100z (Main Event)

BIRD_CTR covers all Icelandic airports top down, including uncontrolled airfields (e.g. BIIS, BIEG, BIVM). In Iceland, you must request startup at AFIS airports, and provide updates on push, taxi, takeoff and landing on the area frequency. More info in the Guide to Iceland.

See you there!

• Wygene Chong unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy