Ground Radar plugin 1.5 beta 1

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

The first beta version of the next major version of the plugin is now available.

Main changes from version 1.4:

• "taxi" ground state no longer inop when using the newer ES betas (until Gergely changes it again 😀), and then some other minor changes such as...
  • changed distance to destination/from origin calculations to more accurate ones -> ground states should not vanish too early
  • added partial ICAO fpl equipment codes support
  • added filters to ground labels (stby, nostate, onfreq, parked)
  • updated maps data file syntax (sctdata and circle added)
  • changed APP window background to be drawn in memory -> number of drawn maps no longer has any effect on performance other than when resizing/panning/zooming
  • added support for RECAT-EU and ICAO wake turbulence groups
  • removed data file GRpluginCallsigns.txt (now checks only for ICAO_Airlines.txt)
  • removed GRpluginAircraftInfo.txt data file
  • added ICAO_Aircraft.json data file
  • added additional automatic broadcast of stand assignment when transferring/dropping track using the plugin popup menu
  • added possibility to set airport-specific stand auto-assign distances
  • added TSW2 window
  • added Runway Conf window
  • added RVR window
  • added Approach Path windows
  • added Dep Timer lists

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Thanks 6

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Hi Juha,

trying out the new version I got CTDs when closing a GRP-asr with F1+0 (other asr opened in the temporary asrs was a Topsky-asr). Is there any log generated by Euroscope/windows that could help you with that issue? If so, where do I find it?

Regards,

Jannik

Juha Holopainen

There does seem to be something funky going on related to opening/closing ASRs. I have not seen any strange behavior when opening only one GRP-ASR and then never closing it during the session. I am not entirely sure yet what is causing the issue, but after making some changes to how things are initialized I have no longer been able to trigger a CTD. I will release the next build ASAP after some more testing, please report how it works then.

Thomas Ljung (1253198)

I could no longer find the possibility to change the ground status e.g. from taxi to t/o in the tag.
Am I missing something?

Suddenly it works :)

Edited by Thomas Ljung

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)

Hi, It seems like that Approach Path doesn't work? using grp_finland default setting with no change. Can you maybe check it?

image.png.44a7fc82a5049ce63648a60b14f07bb4.pngimage.png.3c1d1192505b722a754cdfcd90611816.png

Phil Hauf (1288197)

Great work!

Just a few things I have noticed.

1. When using the TTT Window (nice feature btw) many aircraft disappear between around threshold and 8 NM final. Just some are be shown until touchdown.
  2. Would it be possible to define the sticky/unsticky menu bar within the settings?
  3. As many controllers in Germany prefere to use the clearance received flag for clearance and startup state it would be nice to have an additional option where also this flag could be used to display/hide the tags.
  4. For me as ground controller it would be a huge benefit to have an "auto praked status", as soon as the inbound traffic is at the assigned stand, the status will automaticly be set to "parked" and the label is hidden. That would reduce the workload and helps to keep the overview and the screen clear.

Many thanks and best regards

Phil

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic
Juha Holopainen
6 hours ago, Hongye Rudi Zhang said:

Hi, It seems like that Approach Path doesn't work? using grp_finland default setting with no change. Can you maybe check it?

Only some of the paths worked properly in beta 1. Should be OK in beta 2.

5 hours ago, Phil Hauf said:

When using the TTT Window (nice feature btw) many aircraft disappear between around threshold and 8 NM final. Just some are be shown until touchdown.

I have not seen this happen, would need more information to troubleshoot.