Topsky Lists

Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)

Hi!

We love the new lists that topsky has, but we need one thing to make them much better. Can you make it so that all assumed tags is automatically put first? (See picture) we all sort our lists differently by ADES, ETA, ETN.... If assumed tags are on top, it would help with big events.

Not this.png

We want this.png

Jakob Brønstad
Sectorfile Department Polaris FIR

Email.png

Mark-Julius Pikat (1051954)

IRL lists are not sorted based on label status. How would assumed tags on top help with big events?

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia
mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org

Martin Loxbo (811805)

With the basic ES lists, assumed flights would always show up in the SEL. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but it meant that whenever you had flights assumed, they would always be visible in at least one list. This is useful when splitting or handing over positions, when traffic otherwise disappears from lists as another controller logs in.

Is it possible to get a similar functionality in the TopSky lists? If not, it would be good to have some functionality to enable having an overview of traffic in lists when handing over positions. It's not an issue for airborne assumed traffic as this will be visible on the radar and stay in the Sector List in any case.

2 hours ago, Mark-Julius Pikat said:

IRL lists are not sorted based on label status. How would assumed tags on top help with big events?

If assumed tags stays on top of list, we can sort the list by ETA or ADES and make the list more streamlined when controlling.

In other words: We want a setting to put assumed tags to the top of the list, and then sort the list. If we sort the list now the assumed tags is like in the first picture. :)

Edited by Jakob Arne Bronstad

Jakob Brønstad

Email.png

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
15 minutes ago, Jakob Arne Bronstad said:

If assumed tags stays on top of list, we can sort the list by ETA or ADES and make the list more streamlined when controlling.

In other words: We want a setting to put assumed tags to the top of the list, and then sort the list. If we sort the list now the assumed tags is like in the first picture. :)

I agree it would be an useful option to do, but I think the best would be to ask it in Euroscope forum directly, as it seems to be a behaviour directly related to Euroscope and not Topsky plugin.

Juha Holopainen

The sorting of 'EuroScope-style' lists is done entirely by EuroScope, the plugin can only tell the program which flights to show in them. I've been meaning to test if sorting the list based on a non-displayed field works correctly (i.e. having a column containing a dedicated tag item only for sorting the list that you'd never display), I could then provide various pre-defined sorting options. No ETA on that at the moment.

The new lists are in no way meant to replace the SIL and SEL, only to serve as an alternative. Should the default SIL/SEL combo provide a clearer overview in some situation than the Sector/Preactivation combo, by all means use it.

• Like 1

Answer from Gergely : I like the idea. I saved it to the TODO list. But I do not want to say it will be ready by the next beta.

• Thanks 1

Jakob Brønstad

Email.png