TopSky plugin 2.4 beta 5

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Main changes from beta 4:

• (COOPANS) Flight plan state filter added to Traffic Management Lists
  • (COOPANS) Radar Menu and Track Control Window updated
  • Maps data file syntax updated (sctfilepath and sctfiledata added)
  • Auto-update added to plugin-downloaded weather data
  • NOTAM-based area activation fixed
  • Cursor files updated, cursor file naming changed
  • Alert sounds file naming changed

The old cursor and sound files (six of each) are no longer used and may be deleted, or renamed according to the new naming scheme if files other than the default ones had been used.

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Not sure if related with my setup or not, but it's possible for the . . . to extend beyond the Radar Menu window as seen on the "Altitude Filter OFF":

image.png.745afe0e2ab8622f983441ec262ef892.png

Seems like the problem is the space between the .

Edited by Bernardo Reis

Toni Monner (1206448)

Is there any way to draw SCTDATA:Type=Fixes through Maps.txt to be able to activate them depending on i.e.  runways in use? Or should be done in a different way that i'm missing?

Matisse VanWezer (1385143)

Looks like something about the GUI scaling broke. The windows and main bar(?) seems fine, but the items within it are not scaled.
Old vs new (incl settings) 

image.png

image.png

@Bernardo Reis Radar menu is fine here, possibly because it is scaled down however. 

image.png.fb3fa4c84d14536c1981f8b537e0aa52.png

Edited by Matisse VanWezer
added reply of radar menu

Juha Holopainen
16 hours ago, Bernardo Reis said:

Not sure if related with my setup or not, but it's possible for the . . . to extend beyond the Radar Menu window as seen on the "Altitude Filter OFF":

I found the issue. It's due to us using the Euroscope Font for the System GUI.

Yes. While it is possible to change the fonts, most of the graphical elements do not take into account the possible differences in the cell widths, so the used font should be as close a match with the default as possible in this regard. In this case especially, with the default font being variable-width, replacing it with a fixed width (EuroScope) font will likely lead to the texts being wider than what there is space for in some cases. The only thing that can be done if you really want to use that font is to experiment with reducing the font size to GUI scaling ratio (reduce the font size or keep it the same but increase the GUI scaling).

15 hours ago, Toni Monner said:

Is there any way to draw SCTDATA:Type=Fixes through Maps.txt to be able to activate them depending on i.e.  runways in use? Or should be done in a different way that i'm missing?

The available types are listed in the developer guide. Drawing for example fixes is not possible as the plugin couldn't know what exactly it would be supposed to draw - the only things it can extract from the data are the names and locations of the fixes, no graphical information. You can look into SYMBOL or TEXT for drawing fixes with or without an associated symbol drawing.

13 hours ago, Matisse VanWezer said:

Looks like something about the GUI scaling broke. The windows and main bar(?) seems fine, but the items within it are not scaled.

Actually something about the GUI scaling was fixed. Previously the font used in the menus opened from the Global Menu responded to the System_GUI_Scale_Menus setting by mistake. It now correctly responds to the System_GUI_Scale_GlobalMenu setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)

Thanks for the update! I'v noticed that there is a HighlightNew function, but how can I acknowledge it from new to old as well as color change from yellow to gray?

Juha Holopainen

If you're referring to the Weather Messages Window,

New METARs are displayed in “Warning” color until the mouse cursor is positioned on them

The manual hasn't yet been updated to include information on the METAR/TAF auto-update, but the same mouse-over functionality applies to acknowledging new TAFs as well.

3 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

If you're referring to the Weather Messages Window,

The manual hasn't yet been updated to include information on the METAR/TAF auto-update, but the same mouse-over functionality applies to acknowledging new TAFs as well.

Ok. I seem to have found a bug.

image.png.37b1f8583f6182872555fd689598bb68.png

image.png.390e9d83bd41b73b939fd559a4b153c1.png

both METAR performed the same act, but ZBER could not eliminate the "warning". I found that it seems to be caused by "//" or "//////" in METAR

image.png.b663bf7e9cd4b8d7a6dfafeaae39347a.png

image.png.d8d4f3caf0d2413386a2c2e34b38e5f7.png

When I type 5 (in km) into separation, default value is NM not KM, and it will calculate 5 NM to 9.3 km automatically, possible to get a fix to change that value in metric? 

Juha Holopainen

It was just a coincidence that the ZBDT METAR could be acknowledged. There's an issue in the code that prevents the acknowledge action when 'plugin' METARs are being displayed (it tries to acknowledge a VATSIM METAR instead, and depending on how many VATSIM METARs have been received, one or more 'plugin' METARs can be acknowledged). It'll be fixed, as will be the range rings entry. The code for acknowledging new TAFs will also be fixed, it also doesn't work in the current version.

41 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

It was just a coincidence that the ZBDT METAR could be acknowledged. There's an issue in the code that prevents the acknowledge action when 'plugin' METARs are being displayed (it tries to acknowledge a VATSIM METAR instead, and depending on how many VATSIM METARs have been received, one or more 'plugin' METARs can be acknowledged). It'll be fixed, as will be the range rings entry. The code for acknowledging new TAFs will also be fixed, it also doesn't work in the current version.

oh! Interesting! but thanks!

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Plugin isn't loading properly for me, when I try to load it via the Eurosocope Plug Ins menu I get the following error:

Ignore please! I figured out the issue (improper syntax with the SCTFILEDATA command on my own part).

Edited by Jonathan Fong

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic