Crash on "Start CPDLC"

Alexander Arlow

Alexander Arlow

Hello Juha,

I recieved several reports of controllers encountering crashes when pressing "Start CPDLC". Is there anything I can provide and/or test? It does not appear to be related to a change in the Topsky version or dataset - we have had the most recent version in use since release and there were no changes to the dataset in regard to CPDLC in the last AIRAC.

kind regards,
Alex

Thomas Ljung (1253198)

For the last few days, PDC/CPDLC has not started at all. No crash, it did just not start. 

Juha Holopainen

As with all crashes, the crash dump file is the best starting point as it takes away the trouble of trying to replicate the exact conditions that resulted in the crash. I was able to start a CPDLC connection without issues using a log playback and a local hoppie server setup, so the issue here seems to be more specific than just "Start CPDLC" causing an immediate crash.

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

The hoppie server has been very overloaded the last few days, causing many hoppie related errors to appear in TopSky. Perhaps that could be related to the crash issue.

Alexander Arlow

It appears to be closely related to the Fenix Airbus. I gathered reports from Austria and Germany where PDCs were requested by Fenix, the pilot recieved a "request recieved" and the Topsky client crashed. I will try to provide you with crashdumps.

Edited by Alexander Arlow