topskysettingslocal.txt behavior when multiple ES sessions

Thomas Ljung (1253198)

Thomas Ljung (1253198)

Can I control which topskysettingslocal.txt is loaded when I start a second/third ES session?
I know that I was able to have different local settings in different sessions before (over a year ago), but it doesn't seem to work anymore. It will be the same settings as the topskysettingslocal file that is in the first session that is started.

Juha Holopainen

The plugin will always load the data files that are in the same folder as the plugin dll file, so it is possible to use different settings files, but only by loading plugins from separate folders. For most purposes it should be enough to force a specific callsign to be used for the settings, though (to load for example ESOS settings in the first instance and ESSA APP settings in the second, and so on...). This is done by right-clicking the "reload" button for the settings data file in the plugin settings menu and typing in the callsign whose settings should be forced for that instance (see plugin manual chapter 4.11.1). If you need completely separate settings, then the only way is to have separate plugin folders with their own settings and data files.

Thomas Ljung (1253198)

The solution for me was separate plugin folders with their own settings and data files. I did not have the correct path in the .prf file.

This setting in the first instance topskysettingslocal.txt solved the issue with opening the desired windows in the different instances. I only want them to open in the first instance.

Window_QNHTL=1,910,25
Window_CPDLC_Current=1,150,1200
Window_CPDLC_Setting=1,910,230
Window_ATCmsg=1,150,1915

Window_QNHTL=-2
Window_CPDLC_Current=-2
Window_CPDLC_Setting=-2
Window_ATCmsg=-2