[TopSky] Euroscope Confusing with Deciding Next Sector

Gursel Alp (1434943)

Gursel Alp (1434943)

Hello, first of all I still couldn't find the reason about this problem. At first I thought the reason is GNG, because ACC was the owner of the APP aswell but after I fixed it the problem is still remain.

Problem is when an aircraft exit my airspace through the North East at VADEN, TUDBU or IBLAL, Euroscope/TopSky decide that the traffic should contact approach as next controller. When I checked vertical window; Euroscope predicts the traffics descending FL240 asap, and climb to RFL after exits my airspace at those exit points.  I'll also add the route and track.

About ACFT FPL: The traffic had step over EKNUD/N482F300. I deleted that and just after i did that it corrected the next sector as unicom. After I checked it returned to IST(Istanbul Approach). As I checked his FPL, his RFL was FL300 but his tag was FL380.

So the problems are as far as I can detect:
Euroscope keeps predicting traffic going North East "descending FL240".
Changing RFL from its tag didn't override the FPL, you need to change it via FPL window.

Step climbs in the FPL might confusing the plugin.

I'll tried to update as much as I can when I face this issue.

PS: As I mentioned at the beginning, I still couldn't find the reason of this problem. It might be TopSky, or GNG so I also have the same topic at GNG Forum.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Juha Holopainen

The plugin does not adjust the aircraft profile or sector sequence in any way, it just displays whatever EuroScope calculates. The issue therefore comes from the ESE file. Since there's nothing in the flightplan that would limit the aircraft to FL240 at any point, I'd look for the TUDBU coordination point definitions for such a restriction, or just for "24000" generally (in case there's a 'pointless' COPX defined somewhere for the Ankara/Sofia sector boundary that would unintentionally lead to this result).

Gursel Alp (1434943)
On 21/01/2023 at 19:37, Juha Holopainen said:

The plugin does not adjust the aircraft profile or sector sequence in any way, it just displays whatever EuroScope calculates. The issue therefore comes from the ESE file. Since there's nothing in the flightplan that would limit the aircraft to FL240 at any point, I'd look for the TUDBU coordination point definitions for such a restriction, or just for "24000" generally (in case there's a 'pointless' COPX defined somewhere for the Ankara/Sofia sector boundary that would unintentionally lead to this result).

Hello Juha,

Thank you for your suggestion, I revised all the COPX's from LTFM and it fixed the problem.

• Thanks 1