Disable DCL Header Message and Freq Issues

Gursel Alp (1434943)

Gursel Alp (1434943)

Hello, for next updates I would like to see a option to disable header message because we are using different type of header and it conflicts with the regular one. 

Also in our DCL system, we need to provide 3 different frequencies, one is "freq_next" and the other one is "freq_own" and "freq_dep". But the system is always gives next frequency instead "freq_own" (which stated on dev guide) on CPDLC. I hope there will be updates about this one too.

Real DCL:
LTFM_CPDLC.png

TopSky format:

DCL:LTFM:SID:<hour><min> <year2><month2><day> <adep2> PDC <number> <callsign> CLRD TO <ades> OFF <drwy> VIA <sid> SQUAWK <assr> NEXT FREQ <freq_next> ATIS <rmk> <qnh4> DEP FREQ <freq_dep> CLIMB VIA SID TO ALTITUDE <cfl> FT IF YOU REQ. RWY CHG. CALL <freq_own> BEFORE ACCEPTING VIA DCL

Edited by Gursel Alp (1434943)

Juha Holopainen

The exact contents displayed to the pilots are somewhat dependent on the avionics, and whether you display it in the MCDU or print it out. The plugin's default header starts with "<adep2> PDC <number> . . . . . " which is not part of the real message but meant to represent a message title to be displayed in the MCDU, followed by the actual message contents that start with the "CLD" label. The reason to have a separate "header" part for the message in the plugin is to remove the unnecessary parts from the CPDLC messages window and only display the actual clearance.

Should you wish to adjust the header, or remove it completely, just use the "CPDLC_FSM_CLD_Header" setting to set any text string you need.

I think I've made some fixes regarding the frequencies already, so they should be working as planned in the next version. I'll check anyway.

• Thanks 1

Gursel Alp (1434943)
On 22/03/2023 at 12:43, Juha Holopainen said:

The exact contents displayed to the pilots are somewhat dependent on the avionics, and whether you display it in the MCDU or print it out. The plugin's default header starts with "<adep2> PDC <number> . . . . . " which is not part of the real message but meant to represent a message title to be displayed in the MCDU, followed by the actual message contents that start with the "CLD" label. The reason to have a separate "header" part for the message in the plugin is to remove the unnecessary parts from the CPDLC messages window and only display the actual clearance.

Should you wish to adjust the header, or remove it completely, just use the "CPDLC_FSM_CLD_Header" setting to set any text string you need.

I think I've made some fixes regarding the frequencies already, so they should be working as planned in the next version. I'll check anyway.

Thank you, fixed the header now. Looks way better this way. Looking forward for the next update!