MAESTRO plugin 1.1 beta 1

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Changes from version 1.0:

• Loaded/saved data format changed, sequence data saved using version 1.1 can not be loaded by version 1.0 and vice versa. In "local master" mode the data is now by default broadcast to slave instances using window messages, but can be set up to save as a local file as before if necessary.
  • The plugin can now calculate a sequence to more than one airport at a time, but as before, the sequence to every runway of every airport is considered independent of all the others.
  • General fixes to sequencing

The package contains the plugin dll, an aircraft data file, an example settings file and the plugin documentation.

Edited by Juha Holopainen

• 2 weeks later...
Erik Wachters (815026)

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a master that uploads to a FTP or SFTP server but I can't get it working. After a while I get a timeout message.

image.png.f8a49709f77bbfbb597997cd6bbee782.png
I'm 100% sure of my credentials because I use it for other things too.
Can I somewhere see a debug log or something?

EDIT: It looks like the local save doesn't work either.

Thx

Erik

Edited by Erik Wachters (815026)

Juha Holopainen

Unfortunately I no longer have access to any server where I could test the web modes, so this could be a server-side incompatibility or something with the plugin. That error popup means that the upload has failed 3 consecutive times (and at least the last failure was due to timeout). The timeout values are set to 10 seconds for the connection and 20 seconds for the actual operation which were more than enough when I did my testing years ago.

The local save works on my setup, note that by default the local master only broadcasts the sequence using window messages instead of writing to a file as before. This behavior can be changed using the "System_SaveType" setting.

Juha Holopainen

Have you tested the upload with plugin version 1.0? Since that at least should work, we could be sure if it's something that's changed in the plugin or not.

Window messages are just a way to communicate various types of information to a window. In this case I'm sending the sequence data directly to any other MAESTRO and TopSky plugins instead of having to continuously read/write a text file.

Juha Holopainen

You'll need to set "System_LoadType=1" to make the plugin load the data from the URL. This is not intentional and will be fixed in the next build, that setting is only meant to have any effect in the local slave mode.

Erik Wachters (815026)

OK, Got it to work. Only the client always says, after one update that the data is too old but I'm pretty sure that it's not. I do an update of 30sec (the lowest value) and I see the correct traffic on the client before the error and reverting to standalone.

Another bug is tha when I insert a slot and afterwards I want to modify it, I get a warning: "Slots may not overlap"
It looks like it wants to add a new slot in stead of modifying it.

Juha Holopainen

Haven't been able to replicate the "old data" issue on my local setup, but report if you still see it with beta 2 and I'll keep trying.