Topsky 2.5b1 ESPluginInit Function Problem

Phil Hutchinson (1467165)

Hi,

It appears that attempting to use:

STYLE:DASH

..without the accompanying pixel width is no longer working with 2.5beta1; loading TopSky into Euroscope with these declarations in the TopSkyMaps.txt results in a "Plugin encountered an exception during EuroScopePluginInit", if maps are reloaded with this added after loading TopSky, the TopSky plugin will throw an exception and be unloaded (ES 3.2c)

I've changed our maps file to be:

STYLE:DASH:1

and the issue appears to be fixed. This isn't exclusive to any specific style as DOT, DASHDOT and SOLID have the same problem from my testing, it seems to be a problem with the STYLE: declaration itself.

Is this intended behavior?

Thanks!

Edited by Phil Hutchinson (1467165)
Phil Hutchinson -  1467165  
VATéir Training Director
VATEUD Divisional Examiner

suw.png  

Try my suggestion: 

VATéir Training Director

suw.png  

Gursel Alp (1434943)
14 minutes ago, Phil Hutchinson (1467165) said:

Try my suggestion: 

I don't have dash but I use dot and when I tried that nothing changed, I am now suspicious about the active lines with the 2.5b1 And_Active lines are also available maybe it cause the problem.

image.thumb.png.7ba7f01a919adb03d7c7f02785feacca.png

Erik Wachters (815026)

I have the same problem.
I hope on some backward compatibility and NO message that a new version of the plugin is available so we can opt to continue using v2.4 or have more time to try and get it working... ;)

Juha Holopainen

(two threads merged, same bug)

The behavior is not intended, but as all my style lines in all my test data files just happened to include the width parameter, I never encountered the issue. Just one line of missing code fortunately so I made a new build. Just re-download the package - the only changed file is the plugin dll - and the style lines should work without the width parameter as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will never force the use of a beta version, everyone is free to continue using the current public release 2.4.1 until there is an urgent reason for me to require a newer one, some critical bug for example. The current minimum required version is as old as 2.3 actually, but I'll only provide very limited support for versions other than the latest one.

Release version users will only receive update notifications about release builds, beta version users only about beta builds. Even though I allow fairly old release versions, beta builds will often have much shorter life spans and if necessary, I expect beta users to be able to update their plugins in a matter of weeks, not months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gursel Alp (1434943) said:

I don't have dash but I use dot and when I tried that nothing changed, I am now suspicious about the active lines with the 2.5b1 And_Active lines are also available maybe it cause the problem.

image.thumb.png.7ba7f01a919adb03d7c7f02785feacca.png

Yes, to fix that, in the initial build you must have STYLE:<type>:<width>, so STYLE:dot:1 in this case ^ but its true for all style types.

Anyways, Juha has released a new version to fix it, awesome job Juha, thanks!

Edited by Phil Hutchinson (1467165)
VATéir Training Director

suw.png