Use TopSkySymbols in TopSkyMaps

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

We would like to use the plugin default symbols for FIX and AIRPORT in TopSkyMaps.

We are sucefully using it for VOR and NDB however it seems that we can't use FIX and AIRPORT.

This is testing in 2.5, haven't tried 2.4

Edited by Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Juha Holopainen

Can you explain the issue a bit more? What have you done, what is the expected result and what are you actually getting?

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

I'm trying to use the default symbols from TopSkySymbols:

image.png.2ed649b2631bdda8f85630f20106deb0.png

In the TopSkyMaps file.

For example:

SYMBOL:FIX:UPKAT

Would draw the FIX default symbol over UPKAT waypoint.

Juha Holopainen

Ah, those symbols are currently only available for the plugin's own use, only symbols defined in the Maps datafile can be referenced. It probably wouldn't be a lot of work to enable the use of those symbols as well.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

If you could. Trying to draw the symbols myself I always end up with them 1pixel off-center which drives me nuts.

It also would probably enable the drawing of non-odd pixel side sized symbols 

Edited by Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Juha Holopainen

It shouldn't have any effect on what can be drawn, or how the symbols are drawn. A symbol defined in the Symbols data file (or a hardcoded default one) should produce the exact same drawing as a symbol defined in the Maps data file. If you see a difference, please let me know, it's not intentional.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

It's just that my symbols always turn out crooked when using LINETO, never can get them centered which is a bit frustrating.