Request color for uncontrolled VFR flights

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Hello,

is it possible to implement a color for uncontrolled VFR flights (neither tracked nor on contact) without using the FIC_Position=1 setting? I currently do not know how to achieve this in my setup. In the end, all uncontrolled VFR traffic should be displayed in this color which differs from the color of unconcerned tracks.

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Because VFR is considered concerned in this case (at least it seems to be like that). I would like VFR to be treated similar to an informed flight in this case. It should be in VFR color regardless of the state (except it is assumed).

• Like 1

Juha Holopainen

I'm not sure I understand the issue. When enabled, the FIC_Position setting makes the plugin use the "VFR" color instead of the "Unconcerned" color for all aircraft that are both uncontrolled and untracked. It does nothing to change anything else.

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Ok, then there seems to be something wrong in the color logic. When enabling the FIC setting, the labels and history dots of uncontrolled and untracked VFR flights are in "redundant" color (the magenta color in my screenshot). The track symbol however is in "VFR" color (the brown/cappuccino color). I would expect the label and history dots to be colored in "VFR" color, too. Possibly a bug?

ZS4xxrb.png

Juha Holopainen

This may be a bug I've already fixed in development code. The color for these tracks is "VFR" in the default version, but "Redundant" in the COOPANS version. Some time ago I noticed that not all the track components were referring to the correct color based on the selected version. In the next version the "VFR" color will be used in both setups.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Hi Juha,

following up on this: If FIC_Position is on, VFR tracks are no longer subject to any filter of any kind (neither Squawk, Altitude, etc.). Is this intended? If so: Could we get a possibility to color VFR tracks but not change anything in their behaviour besides the coloring?

I would like to rebuild the behaviour of the german iCAS system which is coloring VFR tracks in a non prominent but (in difference to unconcerned color) still easily visible color.

Thanks for considering!

Jannik

Juha Holopainen

On FIC positions, whether untracked uncontrolled aircraft are affected by filters or not is controlled by the "System_FIC_Position_Free_Filtered" setting.

• Thanks 1

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

The settings seems to be not existing in the documentation excel.

Edited by Jannik Vogel (1432304)