TopSky plugin 2.5 beta 4

Juha Holopainen

Chris Thomassen (1633514)

On EKCH the "Auto assign" (great feature 🙂 ) assigns only "0000". The colouring is somewhat "off"

(The assigned squaks in the picture were done manually)

image.png.929020b0f1a14a7ab7a108146db9722e.png

Edited by Chris Thomassen (1633514)

Juha Holopainen

Both are most likely configuration issues so contact your local staff first. If the configuration turns out to be ok (others are seeing the same issues), then 1) what auto assign feature are you referring to and how is the plugin set up to assign the codes? and 2) how is the coloring "off" compared to what you're expecting based on how the plugin is set up?

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Would it be possible to get the winds automatically when performing a VATSIM connection?
I have the window setup to be open automatically when I open Euroscope but I have to reopen it once I connect to be able to have winds.

Any different setup suggestion?

Juha Holopainen

The settings code does open the window but the data download is not set correctly. It will eventually happen if you're patient enough, it'll take several years though... This is not intentional, I'll fix the code.

• Like 1

Alexander Arlow

Hi Juha,

unfortunately I did not have a lot of spare time to tinker around with 2.5. Because of that it is only now, that I encountered questions regarding PDC/DCL. First of all, it appears the old "compact" version of the CLR-field is gone. See:

2.4: q0BQcnc.png

2.5: pLk0FKa.png

Is there any chance to bring back the old compact version of the indicator?

Furthermore: What exactly has changed in regard to DCL/PDC? As far as I can tell from the manuals there have been no functional changes except for the DCL-Window. Is my assumption correct, that when I have [DLC] defined in TopSkyCPDLC.txt but no [PDC], that I need to use the DCL Window?

I was not able to debug it yet, but on my last session I was unable to issue datalink clearances. Edit: Apparently I was still using legacy settings in my TopskyCPDLC.txt-File, like <adep2> and <freq>. ;)

Edited by Alexander Arlow

Juha Holopainen

The short CLR item is still there, it just no longer has any datalink features, it only displays the clearance received flag. The long version may some day contain clearance negotiation (TWR-APP/ACC) related functionality but the datalink features have been moved away. For setups where datalink clearances are given, the recommended setup is either the CLR item, DCL item and optionally the CMT item in the list, or, to save space, only the combined CLR/DCL/CMT item. There may be a feature-limited short (one-character) CLR/DCL combined item available in the future but at least not yet.

All datalink clearances regardless of type are issued using the DCL Window (the PDC Window is used in the clearance negotiation process IRL, but in the plugin its function is currently limited to adjusting some clearance values and setting/clearing the clearance received flag).

• Like 1

Matteo Massini (1484129)

Hi Juha,

I noticed that every time I open EuroScope and the plugin loads, when I click on the Maps Menu it opens with the first folder already highlighted (see screenshot).

Is it normal or a bug? If it's normal, is there a way to make it open with no highlighted folder?

Thank you!

Matteo M.

maps_menu.png

Matteo Massini

vACC Italy ATC Training Director

vACC Italy Operations Department

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
5 hours ago, Matteo Massini (1484129) said:

I noticed that every time I open EuroScope and the plugin loads, when I click on the Maps Menu it opens with the first folder already highlighted (see screenshot).

Is it normal or a bug?

It is the behaviour of the real system, the first folder is selected by default.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Bernardo Reis (1096507)
2 hours ago, Gui Dashuaige (1669083) said:

I don't see where or how to open the Vertical Aid Window in the new version.

You either call it trough the CARD (right click on the callsign) or in the label (maybe it works in lists too) with the action "Open Vertical Aid Window"

Matteo Massini (1484129)

Hello,

thanks for the reply about the Maps Menu.

I have two more questions.

1. Is there a way to color uncorrelated aircraft's labels with a specific color?

2. Is there a way to color radar targets with a specific color?

Thanks in advance guys!

Matteo M.

Matteo Massini

vACC Italy ATC Training Director

vACC Italy Operations Department

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic