DESCEND AT syntax broken

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

Not sure if this is a beta issue as well, so I'll drop it as separate topic.

Did a flight today and got a descend instruction via CPDLC which was only partly displayed in the CL60. Seems like the closing @ is missing here:

/data2/11//WU/DESCEND TO @FL250@ DESCEND AT @2000 FT|MIN MINIMUM

Also, according to the ICAO GOLD (UM 171 - UM 174), I think it should be CLIMB AT 2000 FEET PER MINUTE MINIMUM (not FT|MIN), at least that is in the document as an example.

The resulting message that I received was the following:

DJYU67f.png

Oliver

Disregard, seems like the CL60 looks too much for a standard conforming message and I'm not sure if this will be fixed, I'll stop using CPDLC for now when flying. Nothing to be fixed over here.

Edited by Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

4 hours ago, Adrian Bjerke (1339353) said:

The issue according to the devs are a missing @

Should been

DESCEND AT @2000 FT|MIN@ MINIMUM

This actually prints 1 ft per minute in the cockpit, but I learned that the @ only means new line, so it should not matter at all (I thought it was meant as field highlight).

Since there's no real standard for our implementation and Toto has his own views about how things should work, I'm not sure if this will be fixed. But I'm a bit afraid that eventually we'll end up with several implementations requiring their own software (and I'm not going to use any external tools for CPDLC, this needs to be in the ATC client).

Hope I'm wrong about this.