List highlight in GRP view

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

As recommended in the TopSky developer guide, we have the "Highlight ASEL AC in lists" option off.

With this setting, on the "normal" TopSky view, we get a list highlight on mouse over:

image.png.9b805760d040f7231d5d70fc71d0081e.png

However, in the GRP view, we cannot get this to work. Is there any setting we should change or could this functionality be added? It would be very useful for busy grounds with big lists.

Jonas Kuster (1158939)

If such a functionality is added, please make it optional. I'm very happy with the default ES function to highlight the selected aircraft (not using TS).

Jonas Kuster Leader Operation - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch

Juha Holopainen

This is not possible to implement. There is no function in the plugin environment to set/override the "mouse-over" aircraft which is what EuroScope highlights there.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
2 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Sorry, what highlight and in what window?

image.thumb.png.38ef3759163526609f70079eb6de3769.png

I've highlighted the following:

• Selected aircraft at the bottom: as you can see, TAP110A is selected;
  • Mouse over LDM61J label (can't get the cursor to show but it was over CFL in this case);
  • As you can see, LDM61J is highlighted in the SECTOR LIST.

The opposite also happens, when I have the mouse over a flight in the SECTOR LIST, the label gets "highlighted" as in a detailed label.

What I was aiming for was this behaviour in the GRP view. When I hover my mouse over a label or over an aircraft in the sector list, that sector list line is highlighted (I don't care much about the label being highlighted too).

Additionally, as you can see, the similar Euroscope option is disabled, as recommended by the TS Dev Guide:

image.thumb.png.5c5050784b3a0789d70647def40a9799.png

Juha Holopainen

OK, I thought you were seeing some highlight in the GRP view. In the standard EuroScope radar screen, using the EuroScope-drawn tags (which TopSky does), mouse-over a label will also highlight the aircraft in the lists (assuming the "Transparent AC list selected item background" checkbox in the Symbology dialog is not selected). Vice versa, mouse-over an aircraft in the lists will draw the selected label for that aircraft.

In the Ground Radar plugin, the plugin draws the track labels. When you mouse-over such a label, there is no way for the plugin to tell EuroScope to highlight the aircraft in the lists. The plugin can set the ASEL aircraft (and will do so when you click on a label), so you can use that together with highlighting the ASEL aircraft in lists option in EuroScope, but then you'll run into the issue described in the TopSky dev manual. For some reason in the GRP view when you mouse-over a list row, it is not highlighted - the plugin doesn't intentionally prohibit it, it's just some EuroScope behavior.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
1 hour ago, Juha Holopainen said:

OK, I thought you were seeing some highlight in the GRP view. In the standard EuroScope radar screen, using the EuroScope-drawn tags (which TopSky does), mouse-over a label will also highlight the aircraft in the lists (assuming the "Transparent AC list selected item background" checkbox in the Symbology dialog is not selected). Vice versa, mouse-over an aircraft in the lists will draw the selected label for that aircraft.

In the Ground Radar plugin, the plugin draws the track labels. When you mouse-over such a label, there is no way for the plugin to tell EuroScope to highlight the aircraft in the lists. The plugin can set the ASEL aircraft (and will do so when you click on a label), so you can use that together with highlighting the ASEL aircraft in lists option in EuroScope, but then you'll run into the issue described in the TopSky dev manual. For some reason in the GRP view when you mouse-over a list row, it is not highlighted - the plugin doesn't intentionally prohibit it, it's just some EuroScope behavior.

Understood. Do you think there is any workaround to just highlight the line in the list, in the GRP view?

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
46 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I didn't actually even notice the missing highlight until today, so I'm not aware of any workarounds to make it appear.

Would it be possible a dummy list item to highlight the list line on mouse over?