[VACANT POSITIONS] Regional Event Assistants / Event Department Restructure

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Max Kuhla (1157125)

First of all, thank you to @Christian Kovanen (1379372) for trusting me in the role of Event Coordinator. I also want to thank everybody who helped in making this change happen, you know who you are!

My hope with this change is to bring new momentum and quality to the event department and its events, a department more connected to the community of each country. Regional deputies having responsibilities that are more locally focused (but still flexible), creating an overall lower workload per person than before, which in turn should lead to more interesting events for all FIRs within our VACC.

To summarise the changes:

• The assistant event coordinator position is removed, being replaced with five Regional Event Assistants, responsible for Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland respectively.
  • The event coordinator will mainly have a role of coordinating across the VACC internally and externally (as the name states), keeping an overview of events, communicating with external (other VACC‘s) event staff, better explained: being the spider in the web.

The division of responsibilities between the event coordinator and its regional assistants is very flexible, as agreed between the two.

Therefore we are looking for regional event assistants for: Denmark, Norway and Iceland,

The positions for Sweden and Finland have already been filled.

As a Regional Event Assistant, you will:

• Create engaging events within your FIR(s).
  • Create event banners and event text to our events.
  • Handle ATC-request (from virtual airlines etc.).
  • Advertise events though our different channels (forum, website & Discord).
  • Communicate internally within the event department, and externally with other event staff of the VATSIM Network.

Note: Everything mentioned above is generally limited to the country of your responsibility, as agreed with the Event Coordinator.

We are looking for candidates which:

• Have been a member of VATSIM Scandinavia for at least one month and holding an S2 rating or higher in VATSIM.
  • Are active in the community of their country.
  • Are somewhat fluent in the English language (We're often in contact with other vACC staff).
  • Have a basic skill for using software to create visual content (Photoshop/Illustrator/Free options).
  • Are creative and interested in finding new ways to engage with the local community through events.
  • Have a few hours every week to spend on staff-related duties (answering e-mails etc.).

The regional event assistants will be chosen by the Event Coordinator (me), together with the Director of the respective FIR. 

Please send your application to event@vatsim-scandinavia.org and denmark/norway/iceland@vatsim-scandinavia.org marked “Application Regional Event Assistant [country]” no later than December 1st 11:00z.

Your application should include a brief history of your VATSIM experience, including any previous staff roles, as well as a short letter explaining why you are the right person for the position and how you meet what we are looking for. 

If you have further questions, send an e-mail to event@vatsim-scandinavia.org or reach out to me on discord: maxlk96

Edited by Max Kuhla (1157125)
Regional assistants will be listed on the Staff list on our website.
  • Like 4

Max Kuhla (1157125)

I forgot to include the names of the two already selected regional assistants, they have been helping me since before the positions were announced, therefore they are suitable for the roles.

Allow me to welcome @Marcus Lundelin (1480664) (Sweden) and @Henri Luiro (1458761) (Finland) to the event department. Thank you for accepting your new roles, I look forward to great cooperation and event-making together with the both of you!

The event coordinator will remain the main point of contact for the event department if you have any questions and/or suggestions, the email is linked above.

Edited by Max Kuhla (1157125)
  • Like 5