Events 2024

Love Nirbrant (1759603)

Love Nirbrant (1759603)

What events can we expect this year, we didn't have Stockholm events in the end of last year, is there any plans on bringing those back for example? And what other events can we expect?

Max Kuhla (1157125)
5 hours ago, Love Nirbrant (1759603) said:

What events can we expect this year, we didn't have Stockholm events in the end of last year, is there any plans on bringing those back for example? And what other events can we expect?

Regarding Swedish weeklies I’ll have to refer to the prevous response I gave you in another thread around a month ago.

Below are some of the events currently planned in the near future:

• 13 Jan: Europe Overload, officially the event was cancelled, but expect to see most of Europe manned despite the official cancellation, including Scandinavia!
  • 20 Jan: ENGM-ENVA Shuttle
  • 3 Feb: Oil themed shuttle with VATUK (EKBI, ENZV, EGPD, EGNT)
  • 10 Feb: Cross the land 2024 Westbound (Three arrival airports from our VACC are in the mix, vote for them HERE!)
  • 17 Feb: a repeat of the 2023 event with trvacc, but now in the other direction (ENGM->LTFM)
  • 18 Feb: Visit the Volcanos (EHAM/EVRA->BIKF with bookable flights, event and bookings will be published before the end of this week!)

It might look pretty empty if you’re looking for events in Sweden, the weekly(maybe weeklies) event(s) will return to Sweden, there are also other things planned for later in the year. Together with ORBX a release event can be expected when their north Swedish bundle drops, no date set yet as the scenery is still WIP!

I recommend checking out our event calendar or the Discord server in the event channel, there is a notice every time a new event is added to the calendar!

The events listed above are not ready to be published yet, otherwise you would already have been able to find them in the calendar. We aim towards posting events in our calendar 3-4 weeks in advance or as soon as we are done planning them, sometimes that is earlier (or later 😅). It might look empty at the moment, but stay tuned, there is lots of work being done back stage as you can see, and plenty more event ideas, some of them listed above!

I hope this gave you all some insight to the new year in terms of events!

If you (or anyone else) have an event suggestion/idea or other feedback to the event department, don’t hesitate to drop us an email: event@vatsim-scandinavia.org

Edited by Max Kuhla (1157125)
  • Like 1