[VACANT POSITION] Director of VATSIM Scandinavia

Christian Kovanen (1379372)

It is once more time to elect a new Director for this vACC.

2.1 Director
Head of VATSIM Scandinavia’s staff and counts as board member. Must have been a member of
VATSIM Scandinavia for at least one year, have a rating of C1 or higher in VATSIM and be approved
by the Director of VATEUD when appointed.

5.5.1 Director
The work in VACCSCA is led by the director. The director represents the organization towards its
parent and other organizations. The director has the overall responsibility for all subordinated areas
and the main responsibility for all areas not covered by any other staff position. It is the Directors
responsibility to see to that staff-positions are manned.

Applications/nominations should be sent to election@vatsim-scandinavia.org no later than 12 MAR 2024 23:59z. Every nominated candidate will be contacted to make sure that they accept the nomination. All candidates are subject to pre-approval by VATEUD. The election date will be set and announced once we have at least one VATEUD-approved candidate.

Due to other VATSIM commitments and IRL studies, I am not running for re-election nor will I accept a nomination. A big thank you to all the staff for your time and efforts in making this vACC what it is today. 

Edited by Christian Kovanen (1379372)
deadline extended
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

The deadline has been extended by a month as we have no candidates for election.

• 1 month later...

Voting will be open between 25/03/2024 and 31/03/2024 at https://cc.vatsim-scandinavia.org/. Members who are eligible to vote have been contacted by email. The certified result will be posted here after the voting period.

--------------------------
Candidate(s):

@Daniel Dahl Andersen (1384322)

Dear member of VATSIM Scandinavia.

My name is Daniel and I´m 42 years old. I am running for the position as Director, because I want to contribute to the community, that has given me so much. I always had a passion for aviation, and particularly the ATC side. But it was relatively late that I found VATSIM online and quickly joined. It all started back in 2017.

My way to become a C1 controller happened very fast. It was mainly due to me being well prepared. When I set a goal, I work hard to achieve it, and put a lot of effort in self-studying. I had nearly 100 observer hours, before even starting on S2 training. I´m telling you this, because I want you to know, that I will give what it takes in this position.

My journey on VATSIM has brought numerous roles like C1 rating, mentor, examinator, deputy training assistant, training assistant and supervisor. Now I hope the next step can be Director of VATSIM Scandinavia.

My civil work life consists of several different head of staff job. I´ve been a leader since the age of 23 and have been teaching management for over 10 years.

Best regards

Daniel

Dear member of VATSIM Scandinavia,

I am sending this email to you because you are an active ATC member of this vACC, and as such, you are eligible to vote in the upcoming election. Should you have received this email in error, you can ignore it, as this email does not grant you voting privileges.

The election will commence on 25/03/2024 and will last until 31/03/2024. During this period of seven (7) days, you will be able to cast your vote at https://cc.vatsim-scandinavia.org/. Each member can only cast one (1) vote. Your vote is final and cannot be modified. Our voting system only keeps track of the users who have voted and the totals for each candidate, ensuring there can be no way for anyone to check which candidate you have chosen. You can either vote for a candidate or cast a blank vote. A successful candidate will need a simple majority. After voting has ended, the Web Services Director and I will certify the result by manually verifying no ineligible user has been able to vote and that nobody has voted more than once. Once the result has been certified, it will be posted in the announcements section at https://vatsim-scandinavia.org/forums/.

[moved to a separate quote]

Lastly, I want to thank you all for these years - it has truly been an honour and a privilege. Whilst we might not have achieved everything I had hoped, we have certainly achieved a lot. I can safely say we are in a good position for the next Director to take over. A big thank you to all the staff, mentors and flight instructors who continue to spend their valuable time running this vACC and to everyone else for spending your time controlling on the network. This vACC has an excellent reputation on VATSIM, and it is because of you all.

• Christian Kovanen (1379372) unpinned this topic