VFR traffic

Love Nirbrant (1759603)

Love Nirbrant (1759603)

I'm intrested in flying some VFR on vatsim in sweden (talking swedish)

I would like to know how it works when I file a flight plan as I'm not planing to fly to any secific waypoints so how should I file it?

Also how do I ask for clearence to ATC (what do I say?) I know when I fly with my local (real life) flying club they just say something like "SE-XXX på klubbplattan, begär taxi"  But they call the tower before to let them know our plan, for example if we just want to fly around maybe make some touch and go's and stay in the TMA

How does all this work for vatism and vatsim scandinavia?

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Some info here about VFR flying and flight planning in Sweden in particular:

While you don't need to file a flight plan, it's helpful if you do, as otherwise the controller just has to create one anyway. You could put specific requests in the flight plan remarks (see the linked post for how to best do this), or if it's something a bit out of the ordinary, send a private text message to the controller to make sure they know what your plan is.

And here is a (very old, but still useful) guide to VFR flying (in Swedish): https://vatsim-scandinavia.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2114 (One change from when the guide was made is that you're no longer supposed to put groups of numbers together in Swedish, like for "runway 12", we used to say "bana tolv" but it should now be "bana ett två".)

Love Nirbrant (1759603)
8 hours ago, Martin Loxbo (811805) said:

Some info here about VFR flying and flight planning in Sweden in particular:

While you don't need to file a flight plan, it's helpful if you do, as otherwise the controller just has to create one anyway. You could put specific requests in the flight plan remarks (see the linked post for how to best do this), or if it's something a bit out of the ordinary, send a private text message to the controller to make sure they know what your plan is.

And here is a (very old, but still useful) guide to VFR flying (in Swedish): https://vatsim-scandinavia.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2114 (One change from when the guide was made is that you're no longer supposed to put groups of numbers together in Swedish, like for "runway 12", we used to say "bana tolv" but it should now be "bana ett två".)

Thanks, I'll have a look in to it 

could I make a simple flight plan with just an exit/enter point for the TMA if i just wan't so circle around a bit and maybe make some stalls just outside of it and then land at the same airport?

Martin Loxbo (811805)
On 26/01/2024 at 07:24, Love Nirbrant (1759603) said:

could I make a simple flight plan with just an exit/enter point for the TMA if i just wan't so circle around a bit and maybe make some stalls just outside of it and then land at the same airport?

Technically, VFR points should not be in the flight plan route. If you want to make it a realistic flight plan, I would simply put the route as "DCT" and add in the flight plan remarks "RMK/AIRWORK WEST OF CTR" for example.