CTP and Norway Live 2024

Daniel Dahl Andersen (1384322)

Daniel Dahl Andersen (1384322)

What a weekend for VATSCA!!

I would like to take this moment to congratulate Norway and Iceland on the successful completion of two major events.

Norway combined CTP with a 12 hour live event, where controllers meeted up in Sandefjord for their big "LAN"-gathering. Norway had an insane ammount of traffic with a total of 973 movements during the 12 hour event. The overall handling of the traffic went smoothly and there were quite good feedback from pilots. This deserves a huge round of applause. Well done Norway!

Iceland also had their hands full during this year CTP, as they had their first ever departure airport scheduled. One main issue though was a lack of controllers to handle such a big event. But with the hard work from staff members around VATSCA (none mentioned, none forgotten), we managed to staff up for the entire event. I would like to thank everyone involved in this. I was impressed to see, how people from all FIRs took their time to help Iceland overcome this challenge. One of my main goals is to bring the FIRs of VATSCA closer together, and this is a huge step in that direction. I hope to see more of this kind of collaboration across FIR boundries in the future.

Once again congratulations to both FIR and everyone involved.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Daniel Dahl Andersen
VATSCA Director
VATSIM Network Supervisor