GRP "NO TAXI CLR" when push tug connecting

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Usually when the tug is connecting to an aircraft it triggers the warning "NO TAXI CLR", probably as the aircraft is moving minimally forward (I would guess).

Is there any way to not have this warning appear, maybe by making the CVM slightly less sensitive.

The option "System_CMAC_NoTaxiClr_Speed_Info" maybe could be supplemented with an option to specify number of radar updates showing this speed. There are probably other better ways to do this, this is just a suggestion.

I have a hard time to believe that the planes move faster than 10 kts when the tug is connecting, but I assume that is what triggers this warning 🥴

Edited by Max Kuhla (1157125)

Juha Holopainen

In most cases the code actually triggers the warning with any non-zero groundspeed. The adjustable setting only sets the maximum pushback speed (any groundspeed over that value during a push or pull maneuver with ground state PUSH will then trigger the warning). I'd really need a log or two with false warnings triggered so I could have a closer look at how big a groundspeed the track is calculated to have during the tug connection and for how long, in order to figure out where a limit should be set to minimize false alerts and missing real alerts. And, as when looking at the data I'll be looking at one or two position updates for each track, I'd appreciate with as much accuracy as possible the exact time the alert is triggered in the log for each aircraft.

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Will provide a log next after next time controlling!

• 2 weeks later...
Mats Edvin Aaro (1227980)

I get this for every single aircraft pushing as well. Gives a pretty good "heads up" to when someone is about to start push ;) Haha! Could it be the nosewheel gear lifting?