[Saturday 2nd April] Cross the Pond Westbound

Wygene Chong

Wygene Chong

It's that time of year again! CTP Westbound 2016 will be taking place this year on Saturday April 2nd.

Departure Airports:
Frankfurt - EDDF
London Gatwick - EGKK
Amsterdam Schiphol - EHAM
Copenhagen - EKCH - VATSIM Scandinavia
Lisbon - LPPT

Arrival Airports:
Newark/Kennedy - KEWR/KJFK
Miami - KMIA
Washington Dulles - KIAD
Toronto - CYYZ
Minneapolis/St. Paul International - KMSP

Reykjavik will also be participating at various points throughout the event on BIRD_CTR and BIKF_TWR, for pilots who want to fly a half-crossing rather than the full crossing.

Bookings can be made by signing into the Cross the Pond Website: http://ctp.vatsim-uk.co.uk/

Updates regarding the event will be posted in this thread as well as available on the CTP website. We hope you enjoy the event!

• 2 weeks later...
Wygene Chong

I'm sure everyone knows this already, but just in case you didn't, Cross the Pond is on today!

Denmark will be absolutely packed with traffic all morning/afternoon as EKCH is an official departure field, plus there will be early morning ATC in Sweden and ATC all day in Iceland. Routes have just been emailed to all booked participants and the non-event routes are posted here.

Looking forward to the organised chaos :D Held og lykke! 

• Like 2

Kristian Kling

Im doing my traditional cross europe flight down to GCLP :) prefer to listen to the chaos from Fl360 rather than sit in the middle of it :D 

Wygene Chong

Well, there is so much traffic that Vattastic has crashed for me :P Thanks to Oliver for the company on BIKF and all the planes on BIRD! Looking forward to seeing a timelapse of this event but for now it's bed time for me ;) 

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy