Minor forum changes

Peter Persson

Peter Persson

Hey,

We've done some minor changes to the Forum.

Instead of a "Like button" we've changed it to post reputation, which means that you can up/down "vote" posts instead.
Clicking on the "heart <num>" will reveal who made what vote.

Regards,

Peter

• Like 1

Martin Loxbo (811805)

I liked the like button. What's the reasoning for changing it?

• Like 6

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

I agree with Martin, I like the "like"-system better with no possibility to "vote down" or so to speak...

• Like 1

Peter Persson

The reason for it's change, is because we've had requests to enable it instead of just having the "like" button, it works same as like, but also have a "dislike" (instead of using the words "vote")

/

• Like 1

Martin Loxbo (811805)
2 hours ago, Peter Persson said:

The reason for it's change, is because we've had requests to enable it instead of just having the "like" button, it works same as like, but also have a "dislike" (instead of using the words "vote")

/

Thanks, well I can see that with the new function I can still see who has given my posts reputation, so it works the same. Can all members see who has liked/disliked their post or is this just for staff?

• Like 2

Martin Loxbo (811805)

A member sent me a private message:

I can't post in the announcements section, but to answer your question, no, I still can't see the likes.

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Correct Mikkel, I guess because the Announcements section is not intended for discussions.

@Peter Persson, I have received several PMs from members saying they can't see who is voting their posts up or down, so please make sure this works as intended. If not I suggest disabling the feature.

• Martin Stockzell (1294494) locked this topic