[3rd Sep | 11-21z] G'day Greenland!

Wygene Chong

Wygene Chong

G'day Greenland!.jpg

G'day world! Greenland says hello!

For a whole 10 hours on 3rd September, VATSIM Scandinavia controllers will staff up one of the world's remotest regions. Enjoy radar control services at Greenland's hub airport, BGSF, which connects you to destinations in North America and Europe. Or choose to fly to one of the many regional airfields, covered with information services, including BGGH (the capital), BGBW (the southern hub), BGKK (the eastern hub) and BGTL (the US Air Force base). Whatever you choose, our friendly controllers will have you covered.

Pilot Information: http://vatsim-scandinavia.org/pilots/airports/iceland/

Who do I talk to?

• I am departing BGSF: Talk to BGSF_TWR > BGSF_APP > BGGL_FSS
  • I am departing a regional airport: Talk to BGGL_FSS
  • I am flying enroute: Talk to BGGL_FSS

Saturday 3rd September, 1100-2100z, Greenland will be open for business. Come and say g'day!

Edited by Wygene Chong

Wygene Chong

@VATSIM Scandinavia Controllers: If you have an ATC rating in any VATSCA country, you are encouraged to participate in this event even without Greenland training. This is a chance to experience a different kind of ATC/AFIS and help attract more traffic to Greenland! 

Sign up here: https://forum.vatsim-scandinavia.org/topic/971-staffing-gday-greenland-3-sep-11-21z/ 

Wygene Chong

For the whole day this Saturday, we will be lighting up Greenland! 

Spread the word to your friends (Facebook is an easy way), and use this opportunity to explore VATSIM Scandinavia's westernmost region. Whether you want to fly out of BGSF to big cities like New York and London, or you want to do some short hops to BGGH, BGBW, BGKK and BGTL, or simply some local VFR, we have you covered!

Plenty of freeware scenery is available at http://flightsim.gl/products/scenery/, including the huge Qeqqata X scenery (BGSF). Main coverage will be at BGSF, but BGGL_FSS will cover the rest of the island top down. As always, pilot information is available here.

See you on Saturday from 1100z to 21:00z :) 

This is today! From 1100z until 2100z, Greenland will be lit up by BGGL_FSS, and local ATC at the hub airport BGSF. 

Visit us to enjoy 10 hours of continuous service in the world's largest island!

• Wygene Chong featured this topic
3 hours ago, Oliver Hayes said:

Posted on Vroute. Waiting on moderator's approval :)

Thanks Oliver :)

We are still on until 2100z! Give us a challenge and fly into any one of BGSF, BGGH, BGBW, BGKK and BGTL.

• Wygene Chong unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy