Director information letter 3/2015

Magnus Gustafsson (880543)

Magnus Gustafsson (880543)

Director information letter 3/2015

Vatsim SSO

We are now using Vatsim SSO (Single Sign On) to verify each members credentials for our content on website and also on our forum. That will in the end be much easier to verify the administration of users on our forum. Vatsim SSO should also be easier and safer for users as, there is each users credentials in Vatsim database that verifies who the user is. If there is any problems for example: password has been compromised or there is an name change, user should contact http://www.vatsim.net/members/member-help to get assistance! 

I like to forward an big thanks to @Mathias Johnsen (server admin) that have carried us over to Vatsim SSO and also in right time of year, where most of us are more out in the sun.

As we have started with an totally new forum, due security and administrative problems, there is obviously members that had earlier specific access to different parts of our forum in our old forum that have not been given same rights in new forum. As this is ongoing issue, contact me @Magnus Gustafsson or @Mathias Johnsen or @Peter Persson to get same access as in old forum!

Major Airport Endorsement 

Every users forum profile is carrier of Major Airport/Airspace Endorsement. As there is still many members that have not created forum user profile, with has an MAE there will be an ongoing process to populate each member with the right MAE. I will try to check during 2015/2016 at least once per moth to update the MAE for those that create user profile. If any user like to have instant upgrade of his MAE contact me @Magnus Gustafsson and I will check records from old form and update. Al forum account holders are updated as of yesterday 19.8.2015.

New server(s)

Vatsim Scandinavia website/forum and Teamspeak server are al migrated to new server as of few weeks ago. We have been "living" in Mathias apartment for a year or so, but now our server space is donated by commercial company with extreme redundancy, as the commercial company are in the "server industry". 

When speaking of servers, we should also mention that vatsim server :EUROPE-N and voice server: sweden.voice.vatsim.net are newly provided by Vatsim. Those servers are positioned in Sweden.

Content from old forum to new forum

Each member are encouraged to find content from old forum http://dev.vatsim-scandinavia.org/ (Users old user name /password) and copy content to equal forum on this forum. Old forum will be available for a moth or two, to safeguard that we have had time to close discussions and copied content over to new forum. Sorry to say, attachments from old forum is not recoverable!

New training portal

There is with big certainty that Vateud will provide an new training portal to be used. Vateud will provide for us the software https://www.haikulearning.com/ where we will have our own space in the system. The timetable for this is not known, but the software is mentioned officially in Vateud forum for staff members.

Vateud new website

Vateud is currently during the summer creating new website/forum. The information I have been given, there could be provided for vACC´s own area on website and own specific forum. As no one from the board have seen anything regarding the final product, beside I saw few minutes of the back end workspace. What we know now, we will continue with our own server/website/forum and will evaluate together with members if we will use the services of Vateud website/forum when that time comes. But there will be no suprise for members as we decide as community if we use that service or continue on our own.

Constitution

"Oh no, Director is again speaking of constitution changes" Yes, I am. Still we have issues with the constitution that are not in correlation with IRL. As this process is more concerning ideological thoughts, how and if we should change some things. But I will have an open survey for members what they think regarding specific questions and also gather thought how we should enhance our community. As you as members gave board opportunity not to have referendum each time we need to change constitution, we as board need to listen to members it that degree that we get no objections when we present proposal for amendment of constitution. 

This post is not locked, so if you like, give me some feedback or general thoughts!

Magnus