ATC Bookings now via Vatbook

Julius Mannermaa (1325300)

Hello controllers of VATSIM Scandinavia!

I am glad to let you guys know that we now have a new way of making bookings for ATC positions in VATSIM Scandinavia. Vatbook is now handling all ATC bookings in area of VATSIM Scandinavia beside vRoute. 

Vatbook can be found from our Training Adminstration System (TAS). tas.vatsim-scandinavia.org

If any problems do occur, just email me or our Web Sevices Director Peter for help. 

But anyways go ahead and give it a try!

-Julius

• Like 4

• Julius Mannermaa (1325300) featured this topic
Peter Persson
1 hour ago, Mikkel Johnsen said:

Question: Why is it called "Book tower"? - Any meaning behind that?

I just wrote it fast last night. Will be changed to "Vatbook" tonight

/P

• Like 2

Henrik Sonstebo (1203470)

@Peter Persson :

I have a few questions about our VATBOOK solution:

1. Is this in any way bound to the VATBOOK offered by VATSIM globally to allow for data parsing etc?

2. I've found that with this new system, it is critical that everybody uses this to book positions instead of using vRoute. Unless an update is made to this system that checks the callsign attribute before inserting data into the database, people WILL double-book positions. I haven't looked too much into the database schema, but I have under several occasions been able to double-book positions from VATBOOK whilst the other person had already booked the same position in vRoute.

22.png

Peter Persson
10 hours ago, Henrik Sonstebo said:

@Peter Persson :

I have a few questions about our VATBOOK solution:

1. Is this in any way bound to the VATBOOK offered by VATSIM globally to allow for data parsing etc?

2. I've found that with this new system, it is critical that everybody uses this to book positions instead of using vRoute. Unless an update is made to this system that checks the callsign attribute before inserting data into the database, people WILL double-book positions. I haven't looked too much into the database schema, but I have under several occasions been able to double-book positions from VATBOOK whilst the other person had already booked the same position in vRoute.

1, yes, this is synced with the vatbook and vroute.info sites working with VatSIM.

2, This is on the roadmap, but needs alot of testing before rolling it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Max Kuhla (1157125)

I aproove this, really good idea!

Though I'm missíng some positions that exist in vRoute

just ESOS_CTR and ESMM_CTR without the numbers

Peter Persson
1 hour ago, Max August Larsson Kuhla said:

I aproove this, really good idea!

Though I'm missíng some positions that exist in vRoute

just ESOS_CTR and ESMM_CTR without the numbers

Good thinking, BUT!

ESOS_CTR/ESMM_CTR isnt a correct position to man, but ESOS_1_CTR is a correct position to man. So all VatEUD approved positions are available to book, since ESOS_CTR doesnt exist as a approved position, its not bookable.

@Julius Mannermaa might want to correct me if I am wrong.

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Well, it's just a matter of how the VATEUD list has been done. Indeed ESOS_CTR isn't listed in favour of ESOS_1_CTR, but on the other hand ESSA_APP is listed instead of ESSA_E_APP. It's not really consistent, but it all means the same...

Peter Persson
2 hours ago, Martin Loxbo said:

Well, it's just a matter of how the VATEUD list has been done. Indeed ESOS_CTR isn't listed in favour of ESOS_1_CTR, but on the other hand ESSA_APP is listed instead of ESSA_E_APP. It's not really consistent, but it all means the same...

It's all according to the list here: http://api.vateud.net/frequencies/SCA

What I think is that the main reason is that the frequencies won't collide with nearby sectors in VATEUDs airspaces. And how I see this is that if someone logs on with ESOS_CTR it means that they have logged on with the 'primary' or most common sector of the control area (ESOS_1_CTR in this case if I'm not wrong) :).

-Julius

Martin Loxbo (811805)
2 hours ago, Peter Persson said:

It's all according to the list here: http://api.vateud.net/frequencies/SCA

Yes, and I could contact VATEUD and ask them to change ESOS_1_CTR to ESOS_CTR. Or I don't know if it's possible for you to make ESOS_CTR bookable even if it's not in the list. In any case it's not a big deal in my opinion, the only downside of not booking with the callsign you are actually using is that in vroute for example it won't show as if the booked position is actually online.

Lukas Agerskov (1226374)

This is indeed a great tool, well done!

I was wondering about a small thing though. With so many position bookable, would it be an idea to first have a drop down menu to select FIR first, so you don't have to scroll through endless positions first? It is fine on a PC where you can just type the position, but from mobile devices it takes some time to find the position. 

Edited by Lukas Agerskov
  • Like 5

• Julius Mannermaa (1325300) unfeatured this topic
  • Martin Stockzell (1294494) unpinned this topic
  • Martin Stockzell (1294494) locked this topic