Event Suggestions and Ideas for 2018

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Hello everyone and I hope you have enjoyed the Christmas Season so far!

WIth that said we all know that we are approaching a new year and with that a new year with events within VATSCA. 

As usual we will arrange Real Time Events and Overload events at our major airports throughout the year. But nevertheless, we would like to hear from the members of VATSCA what kind of event you would like to see happen in 2018.

Either reply on this thread or drop us an e-mail with your ideas and suggestions. 

We can't guarantee that your event suggestion will happen right away but rather be spread (hopefully) evenly between our countries in the course of 2018.

Thank you! :)

Daniel Edvardsson

Can we manage an RTE together at the same time (i.e OSL, ARN, CPH, HEL)? Would be very interesting traffic patterns through the ACC sectors if we can pull it off. Enough pilots to make it interesting?

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Wygene Chong said:

Friday Night Ops shuttle event with Iceland and some US cities :) 

Already in the pipeline with JFK and PHL. ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniel Edvardsson said:

Can we manage an RTE together at the same time (i.e OSL, ARN, CPH, HEL)? Would be very interesting traffic patterns through the ACC sectors if we can pull it off. Enough pilots to make it interesting?

We could give that a try. Sounds like good fun! 

• Like 2

Martin Stockzell (1294494)
On 12/28/2017 at 11:50 PM, Daniel Edvardsson said:

This!

Also I would like to try out more events including several countries at once to increase the amount of traffic and also make us work together more (which is always more fun).

How about a regional shuttle-type event? Focus staffing on the smaller airports.

Another suggestion also in the spirit of cooperation is to have one night where we just try to staff as many positions as we can, where the focus of the event is just to have a massive online presence.

• Like 4

Hakan Schulz (937154)

How about a Monthly Scandinavian Capital Airport Shuttle event ?

For example

• January: EFHK <-> ESSA
  • February: ESSA <-> EKCH
  • March: EKCH <-> ENGM
  • April: ENGM <-> BIKF
  • May: BIKF <-> EFHK

• Like 8

Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)
On 12/29/2017 at 11:03 AM, Martin Tornberg said:

Single rwy where?

I quite like how Hungary did their runway to hell - would be good for just making a realtime event at Kastrup and just using 12/30 for as many aircraft as possible.

Med vänliga hälsningar | With kind regards

Damon Hemström Burton (1270930) 

5aa038026e870_Louise-Swinglish-Flagsmall.jpg.738ae05b06b664de8db44b0a1bb6cc48.jpg Jag svarar kanske på Engelska då det ser konstigt ut när jag skriver på Svenska även om jag förstår allt ni säger...

Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)

"Second City Shuttle" - shuttle event between second largest cities (i.e Bergen, Göteborg, Århus etc) and either each other or other European cities.

• Like 1

Med vänliga hälsningar | With kind regards

Damon Hemström Burton (1270930) 

5aa038026e870_Louise-Swinglish-Flagsmall.jpg.738ae05b06b664de8db44b0a1bb6cc48.jpg Jag svarar kanske på Engelska då det ser konstigt ut när jag skriver på Svenska även om jag förstår allt ni säger...

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

To add to the city shuttle ideas - perhaps we could throw in some AFIS/procedural approach airports for added challenge e.g. Vagar/EKVG or Akureyri/BIAR? EKCH or ENGM to EKVG/BIAR would be a rather interesting flight, and if we're going from airport to airport BIKF or even BGSF could easily be the next leg from either of them...

Edited by Jonathan Fong

• 2 weeks later...
Mattias Krogstad (1352844)

With the Scenery for Stockholm Skavsta ESKN being released today maybe an event here would something to look in to. With both Ryanair and Wizzair as well as VFR and other GA I'm sure we could attract some traffic. 

This could of course be combined with other regional airports for a "regional airport event"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vatsim/permalink/10159961144625602/

:) 

• Like 4

Max Kuhla (1157125)

+1 For Skavsta, maybe an all ÖKC-event, as mentioned several times, also possible to contact vRAF and invite them to Malmen as they have been doing quite some visits in Scandinavia lately!

• Like 2

Hampus Norrby (1329366)
On 2018-01-21 at 8:44 PM, Mattias Krogstad said:

With the Scenery for Stockholm Skavsta ESKN being released today maybe an event here would something to look in to. With both Ryanair and Wizzair as well as VFR and other GA I'm sure we could attract some traffic. 

This could of course be combined with other regional airports for a "regional airport event"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vatsim/permalink/10159961144625602/

:) 

I'm really a fan of this idea as well, not at least considering the new scenery for ESKN but also that there's also scenery available for Västerås (ESOW) and Örebro (ESOE). This does create really good possibilites for  VFR and IFR-traffic! :) Let's make it happen!

• Like 1

Martin Stockzell (1294494)
9 hours ago, Hampus Norrby said:

I'm really a fan of this idea as well, not at least considering the new scenery for ESKN but also that there's also scenery available for Västerås (ESOW) and Örebro (ESOE). This does create really good possibilites for  VFR and IFR-traffic! :) Let's make it happen!

And don't forget ORBX free scenery (!) of ESSU. Always fun with some AFIS :)

EDIT: And as the single member of "Virtual Swedish Coast Guard" I also vouch for a Nyköping-event :)

Edited by Martin Stockzell
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
Martin Loxbo (811805)
On 2018-01-21 at 8:44 PM, Mattias Krogstad said:

There will be an informal event at Skavsta and Östgöta on Sunday 8 April. I will open Skavsta TWR and Kungsängen TWR as well as Östgöta Control will be open in the afternoon/early evening.

Speaking of VFR, Säve TWR will open again on 26 April. There will be no IFR procedures, so it will be purely a VFR airport (according to Swedish rules, landing at an airport other than an open instrument aerodrome must be conducted as VFR - although you can depart from any airport as IFR). Should we try to have an event at Säve at some point? @Martin Tornberg what do you say?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2017-12-31 at 5:26 AM, Hakan Schulz said:

How about a Monthly Scandinavian Capital Airport Shuttle event ?

For example

• January: EFHK <-> ESSA
  • February: ESSA <-> EKCH
  • March: EKCH <-> ENGM
  • April: ENGM <-> BIKF
  • May: BIKF <-> EFHK

This kind of event series will most likely start off in August, more information coming within the next week or so. 

• Like 2

On 2017-12-28 at 11:50 PM, Daniel Edvardsson said:

This is in the early planning stage and is dependent on the booking page functionality. If everything goes as planned this will happen this Autumn. 

• Like 1

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) changed the title to Event Suggestions and Ideas for 2018
  • Martin Stockzell (1294494) pinned this topic
  • Martin Tornberg (1069087) unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy