Event Suggestions and Ideas for 2018

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Hakan Schulz (937154)
1 hour ago, Martin Tornberg said:

This kind of event series will most likely start off in August, more information coming within the next week or so. 

On 12/31/2017 at 5:26 AM, Hakan Schulz said:

How about a Monthly Scandinavian Capital Airport Shuttle event ?

For example

• January: EFHK <-> ESSA
  • February: ESSA <-> EKCH
  • March: EKCH <-> ENGM
  • April: ENGM <-> BIKF
  • May: BIKF <-> EFHK

Sounds great - looking forward to events with major airports! :D

• Like 1

Lukas Agerskov (1226374)

Had a talk with @Mikkel Lindgren a while back concerning a rather odd little event, which could be fun none the less.

An Oil triangle event, which is the northsea oil triangle between Stavanger, Aberdeen and Esbjerg. Would be a nice opportunity to get the smaller airfields in play, especially since all three supports some sort of add-on scenery.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, Lukas Agerskov said:
Spoiler

Had a talk with @Mikkel Lindgren a while back concerning a rather odd little event, which could be fun none the less.

An Oil triangle event, which is the northsea oil triangle between Stavanger, Aberdeen and Esbjerg. Would be a nice opportunity to get the smaller airfields in play, especially since all three supports some sort of add-on scenery.

Excellent idea, I have sent an e-mail to the UK guys to see if they're interested in it. 

• 3 weeks later...
Otto Suhonen

I just looked on VatSpy, and noticed, that EHAM-KBOS shuttle is gathering a lot of pilots. I thought, why haven't we arranged similar Atlantic crossing between one of our hubs, and another on the another side of the Atlantic, for example in Canada(this would make it easier to arrange enroute staffing, as the route would cross the Atlantic via our own airspace). 

Krister Larsen (1340812)
3 hours ago, Otto Suhonen said:

I just looked on VatSpy, and noticed, that EHAM-KBOS shuttle is gathering a lot of pilots. I thought, why haven't we arranged similar Atlantic crossing between one of our hubs, and another on the another side of the Atlantic, for example in Canada(this would make it easier to arrange enroute staffing, as the route would cross the Atlantic via our own airspace). 

EHAM-KBOS is one of the good examples how good success the long-haul events ends up with. 

Maybe I and Martin should have a look and see if we can manage to make a simular event :)

• Like 1
Krister Larsen
Director of Norway FIR
VATSIM Scandinavia
www.vatsim-scandinavia.org
Email.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, Lukas Agerskov said:

This event is agreed with the UK to happen on 6 October from 17-20z. If this collide with CTP it's easy to move this forward a week or two. Advertising will be published as we get a bit closer. 

The "mega" Real Time Event featuring EFHK, EKCH, ENGM and ESSA was intially planned for September or so. Due technicality this will initally be postponed to October, November or beginning of December. The goal is to make this event happen before the end of this year.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

There will be a release event together with Orbx within the next few weeks at ESSV, ESNQ and ESSD. We are just finalizing the details with them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Krister Larsen (1340812)
39 minutes ago, Simon Lund said:

With the release of Vidan Design Aalborg, would it be an idea to have a release event as well for Aalborg? ?

I’m happy to say that the planning has already started! ? Hopefully we will announce it within a couple of weeks

• Like 1
Krister Larsen
Director of Norway FIR
VATSIM Scandinavia
www.vatsim-scandinavia.org
Email.png

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Just my five cents, but it would be fun as a non-normal event I think! ?

Simulating radar outage, procedural enroute control in a special defined area, (Like in Kiruna, but on ACC level, and bigger)

Of course it would require some preparation, but probably worth it in the end.. ;)

• Like 1

Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)

I personally would LOVE to see some more real time events, especially going into 2019. I take inspiration from "the other network" (which I can't bring myself to name) who had their "Stockholm Real Flight Operations" event - with slot bookings/restrictions/real-time flights at all airports in Stockholm airspace (ESSA/SB/KN/OW) which was attractive to many Pilots and VAs alike.

Edited by Damon Hemstrom Burton
  • Like 1

Med vänliga hälsningar | With kind regards

Damon Hemström Burton (1270930) 

5aa038026e870_Louise-Swinglish-Flagsmall.jpg.738ae05b06b664de8db44b0a1bb6cc48.jpg Jag svarar kanske på Engelska då det ser konstigt ut när jag skriver på Svenska även om jag förstår allt ni säger...

For sure there will be RTE. However this requires a booking system which currently is undergoing some maintenance. 

• Like 1

Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)

With Exercise Trident Juncture taking place in Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish air space, would an event inviting VSOAs be of any interest to anybody? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_Trident_Juncture_2018

Genuine shame that there are no Scandinavian VSOAs operating.

Edited by Damon Hemstrom Burton
  • Like 1

Med vänliga hälsningar | With kind regards

Damon Hemström Burton (1270930) 

5aa038026e870_Louise-Swinglish-Flagsmall.jpg.738ae05b06b664de8db44b0a1bb6cc48.jpg Jag svarar kanske på Engelska då det ser konstigt ut när jag skriver på Svenska även om jag förstår allt ni säger...

Simon Larsen (1396173)

Pretty simple yet very fun and probably also a very popular idea."Vatsim Scandinavia Online Day" So all 5 capitals fully staffed at once. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Max Kuhla (1157125)

Scandinavian (Regional Spring) Shuttle series, IIRC, the past autumnal shuttles were successful!

EKCH-EKYT/EKBI

ESSA-ESGG/MS

ENGM-ENVA/BR/ZV

EFHK-EFTP/TU/RO (? Not that familiar with Finland) 

Edited by Max August Larsson Kuhla
  • Like 2

It was a success indeed. Something simliar is in planning mode but not necessarily the exact format and airports. Should happen before the Summer holidays. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Max Kuhla (1157125)

Because of the upcoming restructuring of Finnish airspace, "Kiitos Tampere", and flying to/from EFTP?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Otto Suhonen
On 4/13/2019 at 11:48 PM, Max Kuhla said:

Because of the upcoming restructuring of Finnish airspace, "Kiitos Tampere", and flying to/from EFTP?

I really like this idea. As the change has already been done, we could call it "Introducing Helsinki control" for example.

What type of event, more precisely? Like a Helsinki Overload or staffing as many regional airports as possible? 

• Like 1

Otto Suhonen
6 hours ago, Martin Tornberg said:

What type of event, more precisely? Like a Helsinki Overload or staffing as many regional airports as possible? 

As the new enroute control is the "star" of the event I would love to see traffic spreading somewhat evenly in Helsiki Conrol's airspace. So I would prefer regional airports and some staffing at EFHK too. It could be similar with Suomi 100 event we had some time ago.

Edited by Otto Suhonen

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) changed the title to Event Suggestions and Ideas for 2018
  • Martin Stockzell (1294494) pinned this topic
  • Martin Tornberg (1069087) unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy