Appointment of new Director of Helsinki FIR [ACCSCA6]

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

It's with great pleasure that I today can announce that the Board of VATSIM Scandinavia unanimously has elected @Joonatan Porkkala as the new Director of Helsinki FIR.

During the transition period our current FIR Director Julius and Joonatan will work together to make sure that the hand off goes smooth.

As a result of this VATSIM Scandinavia will now need a new DPO (Data Protection Officer), which will be advertised shortly.

I think I speak for the whole community when I say a very big THANK YOU to @Julius Mannermaa who has served our community extremely well for the past years, serving in the Finnish training department, Director of VATSIM Scandinavia and also now as Director of Finland/Helsinki FIR. A job well done, and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavours!

On behalf of the Board
Martin Stockzell, Director

• Like 4

• Martin Stockzell (1294494) locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
Joonatan Porkkala (1244751)

Hello everyone,

We've now completed the handover of the position with @Julius Mannermaa and this is my official announcement of taking over the Helsinki FIR DIR role as of today. I would like to thank Julius for his dedication to the common good of the FIR and I'm excited to take over and see what the future holds. Feel free to reach out to me if you have anything at all in mind, like questions, ideas, etc. I'm best available on the VATSIM Scandinavia Discord server in the Finnish chat or private message and here on the forums. My availability will be quite limited for the next two weeks or so but after that you should see me in the VATSIM skies and on the scopes more often. ?

Best regards,

Joonatan Porkkala
Director of Helsinki FIR

• Like 3